Sign in to follow this  
Gary A

Engine shut down

I have been scouring the PMDG forums as well as FS2Crew looking for a similar complaint to no avail. I hate being first usually because being first equates to being the only one,I have used FS2Crew in FS9 and have many hours with it and the PMDG 400. My problem is after the engine start the FO says

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Hi Gary,When the engines shut down, is it because the fuel cut-off levers are being moved to cut-off by the FO?Are the engines shut down prior to engine start?Or are the engines just shutting down out of the blue (as if they ran out of gas).Did you watch the video on the FS2Crew website showing what an engine start sequence looks like?Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan, yes I have watched the video (very kool), and no the FO is not shutting the fuel levers off and yes the panel state for FS2crew is loaded so the engines are off. It actually looks like it shuts down as soon as I call for APU off not 4 good starts as I said in the post. Bryan when it does this the engines go silent the EICAS gives no abnormal indication i.e. N1 is still around 24 something and EGT is still normal. I am unable to manually start the engines after this occurrence. I can

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

>I have been scouring the PMDG forums as well as FS2Crew>looking for a similar complaint to no avail. I hate being>first usually because being first equates to being the only>one,>>I have used FS2Crew in FS9 and have many hours with it and the>PMDG 400. >>My problem is after the engine start the FO says

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Hi Gary,Try this:Instead of using your joystick buttons, use the keyboard instead to interface with FS2Crew.I've learned that some users have joysticks which sometimes transmit multi presses even though they only hit the joystick button once.This messes up the FS2Crew sequence.Please try that, and please run the tutorial flight again to the letter. Be sure to use the FS2Crew panel state file.Cheers,Bryan

>Hi Gary,>>Try this:>>Instead of using your joystick buttons, use the keyboard>instead to interface with FS2Crew.>>I've learned that some users have joysticks which sometimes>transmit multi presses even though they only hit the joystick>button once.>>This messes up the FS2Crew sequence.>>Please try that, and please run the tutorial flight again to>the letter. Be sure to use the FS2Crew panel state file.>>Cheers,>Bryan>>>Hi Bryan, I am not suggesting the issue is specifically related to FS2Crew. I have not tried to start the 747x from cold and dark on its own so I can not limit the concern to Fs2Crew specifically.I have tried using the key board on its own to no success. I also have followed the tutorial and was an avid user of Fs2Crew with FS9 version of PMDG.I am just asking the question out of general interest if there is anyone else running a nividia 680i motherboard that is successfully, either using PMDG from a cold and dark state, or using Fs2Crew with the PMDG 747x.Just thought I throw it out there for giggles

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Guest kalch

i'll make a suggestion.I installed ASX, and after that i had the same problems with ALL my aircraft, they'd start for about 10 minutes, then shut down, and I couldn't start them again.For some strange reason, I thought I'd reinstall FSUIPC as it controls so many of the addons.I downloaded the most recent version of FSUIPC and reinstalled it into the modules directory (of fsx).The new installation of FSUIPC seemed to solve my problem, believe it or not. Perhaps someone could explain as to why this worked?Mike

Guest nilisvd

Hi Gary,I know its been a while since the last post, but do you still have the issue??Did you perhaps make a change to the fs2crew pmdg 744x key commands or forgot to set them in the fs2crew start center??? hope this helpsNiels

Thank you for asking Niels,Yes I still have the problem. I am wondering if I have a corrupted copy of PMDG or Fs2Crew. I burned both of these to CD and wonder if something is messed up.Niels I have tried everything including multiple reinstalls of the operating system heck I even changed operating systems from Vista to XP.My buttons are set correctly the best that I can tell. Everything works great except after the engine start the engines are actually not running.I did also notice that when I load the cold and dark cockpit for Fs2Crew that the FMC shows a different screen that that when I do not load Fs2Crew. Not sure if the issue is related or not.I am waiting for the PMDG update to be released maybe that will cure my issue.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Thanks Mike, I tried the FSUIPC change ..different versions multiple reinstalls no difference here.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Hi Gary,Can you start the engines on your own without using FS2Crew?FS2Crew doesn't touch the internals of the PMDG 747; we can't access that.Have you tried emailing PMDG support?It's odd that you say the engines start, but they don't actually run.Is the fuel lever being moved to idle?-Bryan

Bryan, there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Fuel levers are in idle, fuel cutoff levers are on everything is as it should be. Everything looks normal and everything goes through its normal paces. When the engines start you can

Regards,
Gary Andersen

FIXED!!Finally figured it out. The loading of the pre-loaded flight with the glider was messing me up for some reason.Add the following line to the FSX CFG file under the Main heading:DisablePreload=1Works fine now thanks again to all that tried to help.>I have been scouring the PMDG forums as well as FS2Crew>looking for a similar complaint to no avail. I hate being>first usually because being first equates to being the only>one,>>I have used FS2Crew in FS9 and have many hours with it and the>PMDG 400. >>My problem is after the engine start the FO says

Regards,
Gary Andersen