Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roderick

Classic Cub

Guest Roderick

I just downloaded Bill Lyons Classic Cub but it don't show up in FS2K2. I have Windows ME and used WinZIP to unzip. All I got were all the folders showing up on my desktop. Need a step by step to unzip the files into my main FS2K2 folder. I tried drag and drop but still get a no show. Any help greatly appreciated. My first lesson as a student pilot in 1972 was in a J3 and I'm really looking forward to more flights soon. Now if I could just learn to fly a computer...Doug Young

Guest Ken Meier

Doug,You should have an attachment on the email you received from Bill that had the link you downloaded. That attachment contains all the aircraft.cfg and your personal files. Just follow the instructions and you should be good to go. Your really gonna enjoy the Cub.K

Guest Roderick

Thanks, Ken. I posted a reply prior but it seems to be lost. Here's the problem: I successfully downloaded the info. It is running around in my computer but I can't get it to come out and play. In MS DOS Prompt I show "Cub2447.zip, installCub.zip, readCub.txt,esound.cfg, InstallCub (again),esound.zip andCub2447_1.zip."I need to know how to extract the zip files into my "main fs2002 folder." How do I open this folder without starting the flight program? I'm runnung Windows ME and using WinZIP to unzip.When I try to open an unzipped file in my documents I get an error message "Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for help."Can't find the error nor open the file. If anyone can help pplease either reply or contact me direct. Thanks. Doug Young

Guest UweR

Hi, the main installation file is Cub2447.zip Extract this zip to any temporary directory. You

Perhaps it might help if I describe what I have !The main file (cub9244.zip, 7.143kb in my version) consists of only 2 files, InstallCub.zip and ReadCub.txt. InstallCub.zip is in turn composed of 247 files that when extracted form the following folders:Aircraft (3 Cub subfolders + Jeep & Sailboat)Effects (4 files)Flights (Classic Cub subfolder containing 20 files)Gauges (11 separate gauges + 4 subfolders - Cubtest, Fordspeedo, Garspeedo and stanum)Modules (1 file)Scenedb (GenericGenericScenery + GenericGenericTexture)Sound (8 files)plus the esound.cfg file that should go into the root FS2002 folder.The remaining 8 files (4 aircraft.cfg files + 4 bmp's) were provided in the email from Bill.I always first extract to a temporary folder (even if I then re-extract to the default FS2002 folder,) which is what I did explaining the above. From your message above it sounds as if you've got some duplication. I suggest you extract to a temporary folder and see what you have. If it differs from the above you may need to re-download the 7Mb file.Hope this helps,Alastair

Guest Roderick

Thanks for the input Uwe. Followed your suggestions but no joy. I have gremlins in my OS I think. When I unzip I keep getting error message:Winzip32 has caused an error in . Winzip 32 will now close. Also SYMTRAY and other with same error message. I will try NORTON WINDOCTOR one more time. If that fails I think I will uninstall everything including OS and reinstall. Again Thanks for the input. Doug

Guest Roderick

Thanks Alastair for the details. I still have some problems, but after reading all the vitriolic comments some of the genius members in the forum make about people like me who have only a rudimentary knowledge of computers, I elected to seek help in a different venue. The Flying Eagles forum has provided me with all the help I needed and without the name calling.Once again thanks to you and Uwe who are kind enough to provide help when asked. Doug