Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Project Airbus and PSS Integration Question

Guest ba747heavy

Got a couple of questions:1) What is the ZFW of the PA plane? 128,000?2) I noticed that the number of fuel tanks differs between the PA and the PSS model. Is this important? Should I change the number of PA fuel tanks to 3, like the PSS one? And if I do that, do I need to modify any of the values after the fuel tank label? These appear, to my lamen eyes, to be values of how big those tanks are, where they should go, and how much they hold.3) Air file....should I just use the PA one?Thanks

Hi Fred,1.) Yes.2.) Yes and yes (otherwise the panel will get confused). If you do change it, use the values from the PSS aircraft.cfg. The total (if you add up all tanks) should be fairly similar.3.) I won't get into a discussion as to which airfile is better - that's pointless. However, there are a few things to consider, quite a few of the panel parameters are custom programmed to work with the PSS airfile. You will likely experience problems with the autothrottle, where it will take a long time to settle at the selected speed. You could try tweaking the aircraft.cfg by modifying the engine intake area and idle RPM etc - while this will cure the A/T problem, it will affect other areas of the flight dynamics and you could end up with a big mess. If you use the PSS airfile, you also need to use the PSS aircraft.cfg and copy over the contact points and lights sections from the PA one. You'll also need to modify the flaps section in order to get the PA flaps to animate properly. I don't have it here right now, but just compare the two sections and add all that's missing from the PA cfg and change the values like lift and drag scalars to zero, so they won't affect the flight behaviour.Basically, it's up to you which airfile to use, apart from the A/T I found the PA airfile worked very well. But if this bugs you, then you're probably better off using the PSS FDE.Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg