Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

TO/GA-Fs2Crew problem

Guest sanal

When I activate PMDG-747 X FS2Crew TO/GA switches (SCrew near A/T) is not operating.If I don't activate FS2Crew TO/GA is operating.What is causing this problem and how can I correct it.ThanksSanal

Hello Sanal,Please check your FS2Crew keyboard assignments; they should match what's in the FS2Crew manual.In addition, your autopilot may not be configured properly so that TOGA would not engage regardless. The test is to also try pressing TOGA in the Virtual Cockpit as the VC does not include FS2Crew gauges on the autopilot panel.Cheers,Bryan

Guest sanal

Bryan,During last two weeks, I went through all options to activate TO/GA button.I don't know how many times I uninstalted/reinstalled PGDG-747 and FS2Crew to correct the situation. I also several times reinstalled new F2C Start center with default Fs2C buttons and updates.Here is my findings:(2D/VC)TO/GA button not operating when I start the full Fs2C FP "SKIP PRE DEP EVTS" ONIf start the FP with "SKIP PRE DEP EVTS" OFF, with BTX/BTO and T/AT, TO/GA switch (Screw) is working.All fs2C buttons are same ON my CH Yoke red/green on 3 AND 4. Thnaks Sanal

Hello Sanal,Thank you for the report. However, from a code perspective, there is no connection between the pre-departure events and the buttons mentioned, so it's hard for me to explain that behavior.However, the best way to test the TOGA around button is to manually (with your fingers) make the keypress on your keyboard (the keypress being the one allocated for the TOGA event in the PMDG Key assignments menu).What FS2Crew does is literally make the exact same keypress you would make to trigger certain commands.Cheers,Bryan

Guest sanal

Bryan,PMDG-747X TO/GA key is CTrl+Tab+I. Last night I flew from Mexico City to Kennedy Int'l. During the take-off either key CTrl+Tab+I and TO/GA button did not work. (Pre-departure events was ON).At KJFK approach I have to make GO-Around. Instantly I pushed TO/GA button and amazing it did work.when Pre-departure events activated some way FS2C is blocking CTrl+Tab+I key and TO/GA button is not functioning. If this is correct what caused TO/GA button function last night during Go-Around. I am totally confused. Is it possible when I recently download FS2Crew from PMDG, some thing went wrong .May be a BUG..RegardsSanal

Hello,make sure you have FD ON, ATHR ON, and the FMC is set and fully configured for take off : PERF page, Thrust Lim page, and Flaps Setting

vpa055.png

Guest sanal

Bryan,After completion Pre-Departure event and all other required FS2C functions,I tried several times pressing TOGA screw and also Ctrl+Tab+I button in the VC, noting happened.These two key/Screw only functions if I don't use "Pre-departure events " mode.It looks like I will end-up with Fs2C half of the functions.If this happening only to me. I suggest don't waste munch time to fix it.RegardsSanal

Hi Sanal,If you click the 'screw' in the VC, and nothing happens, it suggests that the aircraft/fmc is not set-up properly for TOGA to engage. Or you've got some other issue somewhere.This is because in the VC there is no FS2Crew gauge that sits over top of the TOGA screw. So when you press TOGA in the VC, there is no FS2Crew 'middleman' that could run interference.I might suggest asking the PMDG aircraft forum what exact conditions need to be met for TO thrust to engage when you click the screw.All the best,Bryan

Guest sanal

Bryan,Finlay I solved the problem..FS2C and PMDG-747 were working perfect.I was keep doing the same mistake over and over last two weeks. SEL temperature was missing and FMC was not calculating correctly the take of performance.Now TO/GA is working.St

Hello Sanal,The SEL temperature is not mandatory in the FMC. If you don't enter anything for the SEL temperature, it means that you'll perform a full thrust take off. When you enter a SEL temperature, you'll perform a take off with the ATM (Assumed Temperature Method).So even if you don't enter anything for SEL, it should work with FS2Crew.Anyway, the positive part is that you have succeeded to resolve your problem.

vpa055.png

Guest oledurt

>When I activate PMDG-747 X FS2Crew TO/GA switches (SCrew>near A/T) is not operating.>If I don't activate FS2Crew TO/GA is operating.>>What is causing this problem and how can I correct it.>Thanks>Sanal I recently purchased FS2Crew for my PMDG 747-400X and I have to say I LOVE IT. I also seemed to be experiencing this exact same "problem" as this individual. I read this thread which was the only of its kind and I eventually figured out the problem...the solution to this isn't quite what is specified in this thread although it did and will work.The problem with the TO/GA switch or screw not working is actually just something missed in the FS2Crew flow. if you program your FMC fully you probably set your take off power to full...When you did the departure brief (DB) you probably didn't change the takeoff power setting which defaults to reduced to full.. So your TO/GA doesnt work because the fmc and fs2crew are not doing the same thing....to fix the problem simply change the take off power setting during the departure brief to full or reduced...whatever your FMC is set to then do the brief...now all is right with the world and when you hit that little screw on the MCP those engines light up and you are rocking!just wanted to post this in case anyone else experienced this like me.Guthrie