Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

TO/GA-Fs2Crew problem

Hello Guthrie,Glad to hear you 'love' FS2Crew :-)That makes my day.However as for your solution, I'm not so sure because FS2Crew doesn't 'talk' to the autopilot or FMC or MCP. There is no line of communication.I still suspect that if you press the screw and toga doesn't engage, either the FMC isn't setup properly or there is some other weird thing going on in the 747 - a condition that's not being met.Cheers,Bryan

Guest FMS747

Hello every 747 lovers ! I just bought the 747-400X by PMDG and the FS2Crew 747-400X edition. I was already a client of the FS2004 version. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue as described here. yesterday, no TO/GO on take-off while "Skip departure events" was set to NO. Then, I started FS again, put "Yes" to go a little faster and the TO/GA was working. Today I was preparing a flight from Buenos Aires to Frankfurt with "Skip departure events" set to NO. At take-off, 70% of N1, I tried to click on the hidden click spot by PMDG to activate the TO/GA and...nothing. I didn't abort take-off (shame on me) but I can give you some elements about my FMS preparation, more specifically the take-off configuration. I was planning a reduced thrust take off, assumed temperature 30

Hello Nicolas,Hmmm, that's odd.Please try to reproduce with Skip events set to 'yes'.But, to test, if you click the screw and nothing happens in the 2D cockpit, switch to the VC cockpit and try manually clicking the screw there. If you can't engage TOGA while in the VC, it means the autopilot/FMC is not setup to accept a TOGA engagement.Also, double check your keyboard assignments and make sure nothing is intercepting the keypress FS2Crew sends when you press the screw to engage TOGA.Cheers,Bryan

Hi,I've made a 2h flight yesterday, and nothing to report, Throttle at 70%, push TO/GA screw, and there it is, the lovely sound of the GE engines increasing (I really love this sound).I don't know if it is related to this, but maybe you should arm A/T well before in the cockpit preparation, and not just before lining up.I think you should turn A/T on when you switch FD ON, when you set V2, heading, altitude and when you arm LNAV, VNAV, during the cockpit preparation phase, before calling the check list.

vpa055.png

Guest FMS747

Well actually it's very strange since I've been using the PMDG for years and years without any issue on the TO/GA hidden button, even on the 737 PMDG. And it works perfectly when "skip departure events" is set to "yes". I'm not at all good at computing stuff but there is surely a link between TO/GA and "skip departure events : NO" even if it's really odd. I'll check FS2Crew key assignment also. Concerning the AT button, I always arm it while lining up. I've heard that this is what carriers do to prevent any unvoluntary power up. And it has always been working perfectly before so...Quite strange !

Guest FMS747

Nop, not yet. I'm still trying to find out by myself but any comment is overwelcome ! I have planned different tests to do for the next few days. Nicolas

IT JUST DOESNT WORK.After several weeks, i just tried EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING, i red all the post in this forum message....... nothing works, used several, several flight plans, downloaded all the stuffs updates....FINALLY... i uninstalled the FS2CREW and the TOGA button worked again.It was nothing about the load, the OAT, the speeds, etc, etc, etc, etc.....the only solution was: un install the productIts sad for me to see that after buying this product it doesnt works.Dr. Ayax SobrinoMD Cardiologist PhD

I sent you a file with some pics...Thanks Bryan for the quick response, the online support for the costumers is great.Dr. Ayax

I have been experimenting a little bit. Maybe theGE motors is the clue for th TOGA..? i am not sure, sometimes with the PW it does not works, BTW i will continue trying.Thanks Bryan for the support.It is good to know that your company takes care of the customers

Engine type should make no difference.If it works sometimes for you, but not other times, the trick is to see what you're doing differently between the time it works and the time it doesn't work.If you can consistently reproduce an issue and show me the precise steps that you followed to create the issue, I can generally fix that.Consistent Reproducibility is key.Cheers,Bryan

Hello Bryan ..Here i am again....After several months .... using the PMDG FSX 747 (this is the only one that i use now) with and without FS2CREW PMDG 747 FSX i got this conclusions:1.- Every time i use the TOGA button without the FS2CREW: The TOGA button works ok (100% to be precise). 2.- Few times that i use the TOGA button with the PMDG and FS2CREW it works (6% to be precise)3.- There is some issue with the interaction of the TOGA button and FS2CREW, i cant find it, sorry i dont have that abilities.4.- I want to state that i did several things: reset all my pc!!!, Install, uninstall Fs2CREW, downloaded the last Fs2crew patch, push the restore button on the Fs2crew menu, restore it, etc, ect, etc, etc, etc, etc, read al this forum...... and still after that i cant find the issue5.- FS2CREW is a great add on, it changes my feeling of beein playing a game to been in an inmersive simulation.6.- This issue of the TOGA button is not so problematic because you only need it in the first seconds of the take off, after that the autopilot care of everything, but this issue rest a great amount of reality to my takeoffPD: Yesterday after an 8 hours flight my pc died. I would be not using FSX for a time.Best regards.

Hello Dr Ayax,Sorry to hear your PC died.However, you said that you could get the TOGA switch to work in 6 percent of all cases.This begs the question: What was done differently in that 6 percent? There must be something.Cheers,