Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brettlee

building flightplans

Guest Brettlee

Hey guys i need help, im new to pmdg 747 and am curious to know when you use the fmc to file a flight, do you also have to make an exact plan in the flight planner of fsx. I ask as if i dont put a fsx flightplan together i get no corispondence from atc. Its as if i dont exsist in the atc world. and theres no seperation from other a1 traffic. So im asking do you first need to file a plan in fsx then print it and then put it into the fmc is that how it all works, or can you skip a flight plan in fsx and just use the fmc please help .

Hi,That's not really an FS2Crew question, but I'll help you anyway.Frankly, there's no real way around it. You pretty much have to bite the bullet and learn to program the FMC.The FMC is central to the PMDG 747.I suggest searching the Avsim file library for tutorials.I'd even search YouTube and the Internet in general. There is a ton of info out there on the FMC. There is of course also the PMDG manuals.Once you get your head around the FMC, it's very simple. But you just have to overcome the initial hump.Cheers,Bryan

Guest FlightLevel380

I also found this utility to make typing in those waypoints easier for those long hauls. Only found it for FSX though: plantoroute.zipPlanToRoute will take any FSX generated flight plan (.pln) and convert it to the .rt2 route format used by several add-on FMC systems (like PMDG), allowing you to use a flight plan for FS ATC with your add-on FMC. FOR FSX ONLY, requires Windows XP or Vista.I'm going to try it out!Mike