Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Voice problems

HiToday I had to reinstall my FS2Crew for PMDG 474 FSX. The problem is that the voices sound like as if the person is in a tin-can and speak as R2D2 in a very early version. It's impossible to hear what they say. What has gone wrong? Jack J Jacksona Swede in Spain

Hi BryanSound card drivers are the latest and there should be no special settings. The strange thing is that the voices were Ok before the reinstallation.Jack

Hi again BryanFound the problem. I have an old SB Audigy soundcard and yesterday when I had the reinstallation problems I also installed the latest VISTA driver but didn't suspect that the driver was no good. Just now I redirected the voices to my headset (USB headset) and the voices were just perfect! In fact that's the way I want it, voices in the headset and other sounds from the speakers. So.... thanks for your answer, it made me think and experiment. It seems that the latest drivers are not allways the best.Jack J Jackson