Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

how do i remove an unwanted view please?

Guest Roath

In the aircraft.cfg file find the view section and change it. Below is what I use for the Ariane 737-300. The initial install has you sitting by the wings instead of in the cockpit.eyepoint=32.6903, -1.67323, 3.57297 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumPhill Roath

"....initial install has you sitting by the wings instead of in the cockpit...."Imagine trying to park at a gate, based on that viewpoint :)

If you go into the panel folder and select the bitmap views ( foward right, f/w left, left and right etc, whatever).....and open them in paint or adobe (any paint program). Then simply make the whole bitmap black, not dark grey or anything, pure black and save it to the panel. FS will now show just the standard view, with no "window" views on the screen!Thanks

There's actually an even easier way to do this.... If you set "see_self" to 0 in the FS2002.cfg (I may be a bit off on the variable name), dynamic views, such as the Ariane wing, will only be visible when in virtual cockpit mode, and won't get overlaid on top of static cockpit bitmaps...

Flybiz:I got this from a thread a long time ago and it worked for me:RE: Why don't cockpit view bitmaps disappear?" Ah, the old view on view problem. I too had that trouble until one day I just happened to stumble onto the cure. It seems that some folks forget to add a view line in their panel cfg file when they add various views to the panel. What you need to do is to open the panel cfg file and locate the view section. If it doesn't have a view section add one. (ie: "VIEWS" using brackets instead of those "". Then add this line under that view section:VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,THROTTLE_PANEL,COMPASS_PANELThis works for me. I've added it to a couple offending panels with left, right, rear, etc. views. The other views are usually defined (ie; view_right= ; view_forward_left= ; etc but for some reason, the panel also needs the above added to clear the windows. Give it a try and report back.

i just installed the ariane analogue panel into one of their aircraft & when i view cockpit left, left forward & left aft - i get a second image of an 'over the wing' view behind the window frame. would anyone know how to remove this wing image? please.i have attached a jpeg.