Sign in to follow this  

Need Urgent Help. Please Read.Desperate.

Hi AlexI have done a bit more research and have some more reading for you. There is a thread on the asusboards.com forum with 350 replies all about this problem. I haven't read them all but it seems that a lot of people are having the same problem and that there is not a reliable fix. Some of the fixes suggested do not work for other people and sometimes it seems that a fix is only temporary and the problem returns in a few days. The thread is here,http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthrea...?threadid=35322Having read this thread I cetainly think that you should get a replacement mb. I had a look at anandtech and the p4 boards based on the SIS chipsets seem to have got good reviews. They do a single channel memory version (SIS 648) and a dual channel version (SIS 655). VGI comp had MSI boards based these chipsets for reasonable prices, approx

Guest FPSFREAK

>You made a big mistake going for the Intel Pentium IV >3.06GHz CPU (with Hyper-Threading Enabled), I have the AMD >athlon 2.6+ XP and that is alot better and faster than >yours. >>My spec is: >> - AMD Athlon XP 2.6+ > - 256mb Ram > - Windows XP Home > - Nvidia Geforce 4 MMX 440 with AGP8X 128mb > - 120 HDD > - 19inch moniter (flat front screen) > - 5.1 digital surround sound >>and i get 50-60 fps with sliders fully maxed out!! >>and i runs like a dream.When your done flying around with your head in up the clouds, or wherever it is up (lol) enlighten us on that "wonder rig of yours".Or is this just one of those I'm bored w no life so I'll sit here and post rediculous stuff all night posts??Bobby

Closing Note to all forums: Hi, Thanks again for your interest. Actually I am still trying to close all the threads that I opened in various forums around the web. From all the forums that I have posted my letter to (including to Asus & Intel as well), my problem was resolved by a guy in the avsim forum, with the nick: "bailout". He found out that there are a couple of errata in the Intel E7205 chipset that the Asus P4G8X is using, that cannot be resolved by Intel. The first errata can be solved by a board "workaround", and the other errata can be solved by a bios "workaround". This was stated by Intel, and the "workarounds" mentioned are being refered for the board's manufacturer (ie. Asus). When I contacted Asus, they said that they'll call back (after over 30min on the phone explaining exactly the situation), but they never called back. On the other hand Intel gave my some useful information to a certain extent. So, to answer a couple of questions here, I downloaded Prime95, and as soon as I ran it, it gave me an error, but now the system is running rock solid, no crashes at all, although it is stated by Prime95 author that if you encounter and error, then the system is far from being rock solid. Will be doing a format, and installing WinXP by the guide that Mr.Steveo (at Asusboards.com) has issued, and then re-check Prime95. As the system only gained its stability by doing the following: Moved the ram from 1 & 3 to 1 & 2 (I was using only 1 channel;dumb yeah) Removed the converted Sata Hard-Disk back to IDE ATA100 slot. Removed fast-writes from the Radeon's smartgart settings on my Rad.9700 Pro.I would like to thanks everyone who helped me especially Bailout at the Avsim.com Forum, coz he shed the true meaning on my problem (will thank him personally as well).Big thanks to all of you people at SysOpt, PC Hardware & Asusboard, I appreciate every single reply that was posted. Thanks alot.With Best Regards,Alex

No worries Greg... I'll help clear it up by stating he's running it at 320x240 at 60fps to stay within the offical CIF resolution standards.Whoops... Thats his digital camcorder. Nevermind.:-lolElrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

"(since the system was set up- Microsoft's activation support began to suspect that I am using the same license to install Win XP on different machines. I had to make it clear to them that this problem was driving me nuts, and had to re-format each damn time)"---Gee... Don't you love it when the New World Order Software ######'s track their every "valued customer" movement and place you under electronic surveillance/suspicion for your legal use of your legal software that you legally bought and have legally installed on your computer (many times)?I sure know I do! I feel *MUCH* safer about the world knowing Microsoft has their electronic eyes on me and is protecting me from all the world's Evil Doers!THANK YOU MICROSOFT!---Sorry for the interruption, Alex. With your comment, I simply couldn't resist.Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)