Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beeline

Manual departure?

Guest Beeline

I would be interested to know what roll/pitch modes people use for a manual departure, ie one that does not use LNAV and VNAV, where a maximum speed, say 220kts, is specified. (I have downloaded a bunch of SIDS but they never show up when setting up the route, so have to track the SID manually including speed control. How do you get them to work?) Using Speed with the autothrottle together with a fixed climb rate seems to work, sort of, but that doesn't allow me to use the yoke and if I use HDG SEL the turn rate is way too slow. I have diligently read all the PMDG tutorials and the Ifly manual but none of it seems to cover this in any detail. There are so many permutations among all the autopilot settings that I may have missed the best one.I suppose I could insert some extra fixes and let the LNAV/VNAV do the work, but there must be a way to fly manually. Isn't there?

HiAt this point in time you will be unable to do a manual departure - one of the many bugs which are being attended to.What should happen is this. Manual departure - A/T set to ON - F/D off. Set thrust. At Vr rotate. Then when the AP is engaged, pitch mode (VS) and lateral mode (HDG/ATT) SHOULD engage. At the moment this does not happen.So the bottom line is that until another lot of fixes come through, you are going to have to use VNAV or FLCH and LNAV for all your flights.You will also notice that the F/D does not work correctly. After T/O it should command the pitch for V2 + 10 - it doesn't - another bug.As far as SIDS and STARS are concerned, I recommend that you download the latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph / Navdata(801). This has all the SIDS and STARS included. Use the cycle for PIC/PMDG - this one works in the iFly FMC.As far as the roll rate is concerned, I am currently working on the FDE but I think this is actually a gauge programming issue. I have already illiminated the pitch sensitivity issue on T/O and climb out.At some point (????) we'll have killed all the bugs - then it will be a case of sit back and enjoy the ride!Trevor

Guest Beeline

Thanks for that Trevor. I look forward to seeing the fixes, if and when they come. Is anyone working on those? I will get the Navigraph 801 cycle and see if that helps with SIDs and STARs.