Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Go Around procedure

Hi All I have just brought the SE version and can i just say nice work .. , im afraid i havnt played with it right from the start .. i load up with engines running and just select the check lists i need , i have a slight problem with Go arounds , im not sure if its ment to be like it but when i click on GA so it goes to Go around mode , the FO will raise the gear but not the flaps , i click on the green area but theres no spoken message etc so i raise erm my self , also what does MINS ( could it be minimums) mean when im on final cant see any ref to it in the manual ? Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi I might be doing it all wrong but heres what im doing .. i press the red GA button and i hear " GO AROUND FLAPS " i move the throttles to TO/GA but the flaps are still down and so is the gear , i press the green button but nothing happens .. Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Rick,I just looked at my code here to refresh my memory.When FS2Crew is put into Go Around mode (the Checklist box should say GO AROUND MODE), the FO should retract the flaps one stage and then a second later call positive rate and raise the gear. You'd then climb away and use the Green Button to retract the flaps on schedule.I'm not sure why this isn't happening for you.Anyone else experience this?Cheers,Bryan

Hi Quick update .. it seems like the first Go Around is fine .. its if you do more then one , a mate of mine who has FS2CREW for the normal Airbus tried it out and every thing went correct for the first one but things went wrong on the 2nd and every one after that , he worked out its the Airbus not going into the correct modes after the 1st GA which affects FS2CREW . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest jch5pilot

Hello,With the standard Airbus version, on the first go around I set TOGA, announce Go Around to the FO, I get MAN TOGA | SRS | GA TRK on the FMA and the FO raises 1 stage of flap and the gear at positive rate as per normal.On the second go around (or any more after that) during the same flight, following the same procedure, the FO does not carry out his initial go around actions. It is also interesting to note though that the Airbus does not perform the go around either, instead it remains in LOC | G/S modes and continues down the ILS while picking up speed after the selection of TOGA, requiring the user to disconnect the autopilot (if engaged) and carrying it out manually and therefore having to mess around with resetting the modes by turning the flight directors off/on etc.I believe this is a problem with the aircraft itself and not FS2crew, as the aircraft does not enter the correct go around modes after the first one. Although maybe if there was a way for the FO to still carry out his actions regardless of the aircrafts' state when you announce Go Around it might help relieve the work load on the second go around or any subsequent ones after that while the user is messing about with the flight directors and autopilot modes.Regards,James