Sign in to follow this  
ukflight

Difference between Pax & Cargo flights

This is probably a daft question but all the same I will potentially embarrass myself by putting it into the forum !I only want the MD-11 for cargo runs to simulate my employer's daily runs. I assume that on a cargo flight only the flight deck crew are simulated.I have never had an FS2Crew program before but having read Paul's(psolk) passionate approval of it in various postings feel it may be of a beneficial use to me as well as enlarging the overall experience.ThanksWilliam

Hello Bill,Thank you for the question.Page 70 (FS2Crew Manual):FREIGHTER MODEL NOTESFS2Crew works with the MD11 freighter models in addition to the Passenger models. When you load a Freighter model, FS2Crew will attempt to automatically detect that a Freighter model has been loaded. To confirm that FS2Crew is running in Freighter mode, open the Departure Brief Page and note that FREIGHTER is displayed in the MODEL field. You can manually change the model as necessary by clicking the model field. When using a Freighter model, the procedures are generally the same as when using a Pax model except:1. Certain checklist items are that related to Pax operations are skipped.2. You must ensure Pushback is set to NO (FS2Crew should automatically detect if you loaded the Cargo model).3. Prior to the Top of Descent, you will need to manually turn on the windshield anti-ice.4. FS2Crew will only control the Cargo doors. All other doors you must control if desired via the FS Actions Menu in the FMS.Cheers,Bryan

Can you explain the bit about Pushback being set to 'no'. Does that mean that pushback through the FS2Crew interfaceis not available with the freighter?Andy

Hmmm, not sure about that. Taking one airport I know well, EGNX, the UPS ramp has all aircraft park nose in and they're pushed back to exit the ramp. I think that's pretty common, to be honest.However, if manually selecting 'yes' causes no issues, then it's irrelevant, I guess.Andy

I work at EGNX too at Cargo West - all aircraft are pushed back as they come close to the DHL warehouse.