Sign in to follow this  
glennc

Why are we posting sectional charts?

Given the current state of affairs, why are we now posting approach charts for our major airports?I suggest we cease...for just cause.

I agree, this will help solve the current state of affairs and show just cause .... NOT!

I know the way to KABQI should've taken the right turn...*sorry...should've taken the left toin at Albequoikie...*Anyone who's been here for the duration knows the approach vector. I simply believe that we should simply limit outside information.I'm glad the quick search requires a password to access the map.Think smart, and thank you Don.Cheers,Glenn (CYQG)

sectionals are available for a few bucks at any airport...no need to show id, be a citizen, or nothin....how could posting them be any different?Bob B

Guest panzerschiffe

Let the FAA decide. Any real terrorist would be a frequent visitor of his target and make his own sketches and notes. Sectionals hardly provide the sort of detailed information he would need. He'd have to collect that information in the field.

I can go to a store here (and I don't live in the US...) and get from stock (or order without leaving more than a phonenumber I can be reached to tell me they've arrived) ANY sectional, WAC, TAC, terminal package, etc. etc. that's been published.You can also get them from a variety of other sources around the world.There's nothing secret about them. It's not like they're high-res satelite photos from KH or Lacrosse satelites.

Ok, Ok...Guess I'd had one too many at the pub last night when I posted that. Apologies where required.Cheers,Glenn (CYQG)