Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

closing cargo doors

hi, just a small thing i was wondering about..when i start from a warm/ext setup, and the gate attendent says boarding is finished and they are closing the cargo doors, they don't actually close and i have to do it from the cdu. however, if i start from cold+dark it usually works. i'm wondering if something else isn't set correctly when i get that message? am i waiting too long to start boarding (i usually start at around +25-30 minutes remaining on the startup procedure.)?cheers,-andy crosby

hi, i tested twice and it looks like it was because i was starting radar contact a bit earlier on the warm starts. not having to wait for the power to come online meant i was already setup on the FMS and alt-tabbing around by +10 minutes or so.cheers,-andy crosby

hi, i tested twice and it looks like it was because i was starting radar contact a bit earlier on the warm starts. not having to wait for the power to come online meant i was already setup on the FMS and alt-tabbing around by +10 minutes or so.cheers,-andy crosby
Hey Andy, I also use Radar Contact with the MD11 and FS2Crew and I also cant get the cargo doors to open. RC is active when it is time for the doors to close, but I looked at all of the RC commands and there are none for Cntrl + Shift + N. So I am confused about how it could be interfering with the door closure in FS2Crew. It sounds like you may have found a solution, can you let me know what you did to fix it?Thanks,Gary in Texas

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hey Andy, I also use Radar Contact with the MD11 and FS2Crew and I also cant get the cargo doors to open. RC is active when it is time for the doors to close, but I looked at all of the RC commands and there are none for Cntrl + Shift + N. So I am confused about how it could be interfering with the door closure in FS2Crew. It sounds like you may have found a solution, can you let me know what you did to fix it?Thanks,Gary in Texas
As a test, be sure to try closing the cargo doors 'by hand' using your fingers on the keyboard to ensure that the doors can in fact close and that something else is not the culprit.Also, ensure no windows are in focus that could intercept key commands FS2Crew sends to the MD11 aircraft. Does Radar Contact accept key inputs even when no RC windows are visible?Best,

As a test, be sure to try closing the cargo doors 'by hand' using your fingers on the keyboard to ensure that the doors can in fact close and that something else is not the culprit.Also, ensure no windows are in focus that could intercept key commands FS2Crew sends to the MD11 aircraft. Does Radar Contact accept key inputs even when no RC windows are visible?Best,
I usually run Radar Contact with the interface window hidden, and yes it does accept commands even when it is not visible. I tried closing the cargo doors with Cntrl + Shift + N but they would not close. So I dont think it has anything to do with Radar Contact. I went thru every keystroke I could find in FSX and FSUPIC, but I did not find anything else using Cntrl + Shift + N. Not that big of a deal since I can always just close the cargo doors using the FS Shortcuts in the FMC, but it still bugs me and I wish I could find out what is causing the problem.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

I usually run Radar Contact with the interface window hidden, and yes it does accept commands even when it is not visible. I tried closing the cargo doors with Cntrl + Shift + N but they would not close. So I dont think it has anything to do with Radar Contact. I went thru every keystroke I could find in FSX and FSUPIC, but I did not find anything else using Cntrl + Shift + N. Not that big of a deal since I can always just close the cargo doors using the FS Shortcuts in the FMC, but it still bugs me and I wish I could find out what is causing the problem.
In the PMDG keyboard assignments menu, close all cargo doors is set to CTRL SHIFT N.Pls confirm.Cheers,

In the PMDG keyboard assignments menu, close all cargo doors is set to CTRL SHIFT N.Pls confirm.Cheers,
In addition, this is exactly how it works:When the Gate Agent comes into the cockpit, the GA button will illuminate on the Main Panel.You must press the GA button (REC section on the Main Panel) to respond to the Gate Agent.That is a necessary trigger for the cargo doors to close, which should happen approx 18 seconds later (at which point FS2Crew will send CTRL SHIFT N).Again, make sure you press the GA button to respond to the Gate Agent.Cheers,

In addition, this is exactly how it works:When the Gate Agent comes into the cockpit, the GA button will illuminate on the Main Panel.You must press the GA button (REC section on the Main Panel) to respond to the Gate Agent.That is a necessary trigger for the cargo doors to close, which should happen approx 18 seconds later (at which point FS2Crew will send CTRL SHIFT N).Again, make sure you press the GA button to respond to the Gate Agent.Cheers,
Thanks Bryan. I have done a few more flights, and I still cant get FS2Crew to close the cargo doors. I checked and confirmed that the "close cargo doors" command is properly set to CTRL SHIFT N in the PMDG menu. And when the GA enters the cockpit I press the GA button as required and she says something like "they are closing the cargo doors now." But after waiting the requisite 18 seconds the doors still do not close. FWIW, the other passenger doors open and close normally with FS2Crew. I also have a problem with the FO not engaging the AT during the takeoff run. I hit the Green button and he replies something like "takeoff thrust set" but the throttles always remain at the pre-AT engagement setting (around 70% N1) and never advance past that. As you stated in the manual, I just advance the throttles manually past 75% N1 and the power will increase and clamp as required. Not that big of a deal.Just wanted to make sure you understand that I am not whining or complaining as both of these have very easy workarounds. And anyone who is reading this and considering whether or not to get this product for the MD-11 should definitely go for it. I have every one of Bryan's FS2Crew products, and I think the MD-11 is his best one yet.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

Thanks Bryan. I have done a few more flights, and I still cant get FS2Crew to close the cargo doors. I checked and confirmed that the "close cargo doors" command is properly set to CTRL SHIFT N in the PMDG menu. And when the GA enters the cockpit I press the GA button as required and she says something like "they are closing the cargo doors now." But after waiting the requisite 18 seconds the doors still do not close. FWIW, the other passenger doors open and close normally with FS2Crew. I also have a problem with the FO not engaging the AT during the takeoff run. I hit the Green button and he replies something like "takeoff thrust set" but the throttles always remain at the pre-AT engagement setting (around 70% N1) and never advance past that. As you stated in the manual, I just advance the throttles manually past 75% N1 and the power will increase and clamp as required. Not that big of a deal.Just wanted to make sure you understand that I am not whining or complaining as both of these have very easy workarounds. And anyone who is reading this and considering whether or not to get this product for the MD-11 should definitely go for it. I have every one of Bryan's FS2Crew products, and I think the MD-11 is his best one yet.
Cargo doors: It should work as it does for me. What happens when you press CTRL SHIFT N using your keyboard? Do the doors close?Autothrottle: Trying bringing N1 up to around 80 percent before calling for autothrust. For autothrust to properly engage, a necessary condition is that the angle of the throttle levers be over a certain degree, and at 70 percent you may not have passed the required throttle lever angle.Do let me know about pressing CTRL SHIFT N using your fingers.

Cargo doors: It should work as it does for me. What happens when you press CTRL SHIFT N using your keyboard? Do the doors close?Autothrottle: Trying bringing N1 up to around 80 percent before calling for autothrust. For autothrust to properly engage, a necessary condition is that the angle of the throttle levers be over a certain degree, and at 70 percent you may not have passed the required throttle lever angle.Do let me know about pressing CTRL SHIFT N using your fingers.
OK. I did flight without using Radar Contact and the Cargo doors opened normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + C and closed normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. Then I did flight with Radar Contact and the Cargo doors opened normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + C but they would not close using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. I tried it both with the RC window in view and also with it hidden, but I got the same results. So obviously RC is interfering by using Cntrl + Shift + N for one of its functions. But I have been thru the RC keystroke list a dozen times, and there is no Cntrl + Shift + N keystroke associated with it. Like I said before not that big of a big deal, it just really bugs me about what could be causing this. I think I will post something in the RC forum and see if anyone else running the MD-11, FS2Crew, and RC is also having this problem. Thanks for the Autothrottle tip, it woked like a champ ........

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

OK. I did flight without using Radar Contact and the Cargo doors opened normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + C and closed normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. Then I did flight with Radar Contact and the Cargo doors opened normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + C but they would not close using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. I tried it both with the RC window in view and also with it hidden, but I got the same results. So obviously RC is interfering by using Cntrl + Shift + N for one of its functions. But I have been thru the RC keystroke list a dozen times, and there is no Cntrl + Shift + N keystroke associated with it. Like I said before not that big of a big deal, it just really bugs me about what could be causing this. I think I will post something in the RC forum and see if anyone else running the MD-11, FS2Crew, and RC is also having this problem. Thanks for the Autothrottle tip, it woked like a champ ........
For the next update, I'm going to re-assign the Close Cargo Doors command to a different key combo to avoid the RC issue. Cheers,

For the next update, I'm going to re-assign the Close Cargo Doors command to a different key combo to avoid the RC issue. Cheers,
Okay, I just changed the Close Cargo Doors key command to SHIFT + 0.This is already in the Fs9 version of FS2Crew MD11, and it will be in the next FSX Update for the MD11, which I suspect will be released fairly soon (shortly after PMDG releases their FSX Update).Cheers,

Okay, I just changed the Close Cargo Doors key command to SHIFT + 0.This is already in the Fs9 version of FS2Crew MD11, and it will be in the next FSX Update for the MD11, which I suspect will be released fairly soon (shortly after PMDG releases their FSX Update).Cheers,
If anyone else is interested I posted about this issue in the Radar Contact forum, and one of the developers proposed a solution that I tried and it fixed the cargo door problem for me. Here is a link to the post: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239306

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

If anyone else is interested I posted about this issue in the Radar Contact forum, and one of the developers proposed a solution that I tried and it fixed the cargo door problem for me. Here is a link to the post: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239306
Hi,I switched the key assignments anyway :-)Cheers,