Sign in to follow this  
baw079

Serious error

Bryan,I have just purchased FS2crew for the FSX ATR. Everything was okay before I installed FS2crew, but when I try to select the ATR from the main FSX menu, it closes down having suffered a serious error.I have FSX SP1, SP2 and acceleration and have also updated FS2crew with the service pack available.Any assistance would be grateful.CheersWillie G

Hello Willie,Tough to say. I'd need to know what the error says.If you're using Vista, run "Event Viewer" and you can can info on application events.I might suggest a quick re-install first though, in this order:1. FSX ATR aircraft.2. FSX ATR aircraft SP1 from Flight1.3. Do a quick test flight.4. FS2Crew FSX ATR.5. Do a test flight.6. If all is okay, install Update 1 for FS2Crew ATR.Also make sure the option in the FSX menu is set to load the 2D cockpit, not the VC by default.Cheers,Bryan

Stepahane,These ones are always the toughest to figure out because it's hard for me to fix what I can't reproduce.Try deleting your FSX.cfg.It will automatically rebuild when you load FSX.My feeling is that for some reason, the gauges associated with the VC cockpit section are being loaded first. But they shouldn't be.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,re-installed FSX without the SP and I can load this okay. Still not had time to run the aircraft with FS2crew but hope to try it out in the next few days. Will let you know how it goes.Willie

Bryan,managed to load the aTR with FS2crew. clicked the Capt AS gauge and the startup page for fs2crew showed. Unfortunately, I do not have any time showing in the minutes box in the top rights hand side of the main startup page for fs2crew.Any ideas?thanksWillie

Bryan, I now have the whole ATR & FS2crew working great. I use the VC flightdeck after loading with the 2d flightdeck.I have to load the aircraft, run fs2crew, close the flight and do the same again to get everything working.If memory serves me correctly, this was a problem which existed with the ATR VC for FSX when on the first load, the buttons on the overhead etc would not work with click spots.I have managed to get to the taxi point of the runway without any problems but ran out of real life time to continue with a full flight. It all looks good so far but once I get a chance I will confirm or let you know of any further problems.In the meantime, thanks very much for the best fs2crew program to date. you manage to keep improving the software everytime you release one.Thanks againWillie Goldie

Bryan,I believe it was only people who had installed Acceleration pack (like me) who has this problem with the ATR, with or without fs2crew.CheersWillie

Bryan,there is a bit on the ATR forum about the vc buttons not working correctly.However, I have the buttons working okay using fs2crew but I now have a further problem which I don't know if it is the ATR or fs2crew program that's causing it.When I run through from cold & dark to engine start, engine 1 torque is showing 36.6% while engine 2 shows 6.6%. All other engine gauges and readouts are the same for both engines. No matter what I do my engines are always out of sync and not having individual throttle quads, I cannot balance the engines. This results in constantly being pulled to one side off the taxyway or runway.Do you have any idea if I'm doing something wrong here?Sorry to be a pest!ThanksWillie

Hello Willie,I haven't heard of that one before, so it's tough to say.The way to test if its FS2Crew or some other program causing the problem is to run the FS2Crew Start Center, open the FSX ATR tab, and then press the button to restore the ATR's panel.cfg.Remember that FS2Crew only gets loaded via the panel.cfg. Also, I might post this same question on the Flight1 ATR forum.Perhaps someone there might be able to help as well.Cheers,Bryan