Sign in to follow this  
Guest joejccva71

Is this a bug in the ATR tutorial?

Guest joejccva71

Bryan- I noticed something while following the tutorial. At the start of Hotel mode, we are supposed go through 6 main button successions (calls if you will). When we start by pressing the 2 button on the Start Crew panel, we're supposed to wait for NH needle to move before we click our Main button, but it never moves (or I'm not waiting long enough, but the tutorial says you have to be fast and press the Main button 6 times in succession).VERY CONFUSING. Anyways..so I watch NH and it doesn't move so I hit the Main button, then it goes to FUEL (which we're supposed to click when it NH is at 10% and after we move CL2 to Feather. Again NH doesn't move.Next we go to ITT, but yet it doesn't move at all so I hit the main button anyways. Then Oil pressure (which is a BIGGIE), but it doesn't move. The ultimate problem here is the tutorial says one thing, but the things above don't move. So we end up hitting the main button in succession 6 times (rather quickly).The problem? By the time I get to have my FO start the engines, there's an OIL PRESSURE problem because the gauges still are reading 0 for oil pressure so the FO won't start them because there's no pressure.Can you check your tutorial and you'll see...?? I've been through the beginning part of the tutorial atleast 25 times over and over and I run into the same problem every single time.Those NH, Fuel, ITT, Oil pressure gauges don't move at all when they are supposed to.Kinda confused about why this is, cause I follow the tutorial perfectly.Please advise!Thanks.

Hi,It sounds like something is configured improperly in the ATR aircraft itself. If NH, ITT and Oil aren't moving, some is wrong with the plane. Try to start Hotel Mode and Engines by yourself. Do not activate FS2Crew.See what happens then, and let me know.Cheers,Bryan

Guest joejccva71

Yea I got it.What happens is when I press 2 on the start crew panel, the FO is supposed to start engine 2 while I watch the gauges but he doesn't...thats the problem. I have to manually start engine 2 myself, then quickly look at the gauges and press the MAIN button at each time.Then when I get clearance to start engine 1, the FO automatically starts THAT ENGINE himself, and everything goes well.Might be a bug or maybe this is how its supposed to work? Not sure, but I thought the FO is supposed to start both engines himself. I could be wrong.

Hi,FO starts Engine 1 buy himself.You start Engine 2.I don't know why the airline I modeled did it that way, but that's the way they do it. Ours is not to reason why...I hope that clears it up.You need to move the lever for Engine 2.Cheers,Bryan

Guest joejccva71

Bryan would you have any idea why when I take off, engage autopilot I climb to 3000 feet but it doesn't go any higher. I'm pretty sure I programmed the FMC correctly (atleast I think I did), I imported my flight plan into it and did the weight settings correctly.But I don't know where to increase my altitude in my autopilot. Shouldn't the FMC take care of that or would I have to manually set the altimeter? I can't seem to find where I can set my ALT at?Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Hi,You'll need to reset autopilot Altitude.The FO will set the initial altitude as per the SID, but after that you need to select the altitude after takeoff.The knob for that is on the ATR's autopilot panel.Please check the Flight1 ATR manual for the location of the knob.Cheers,Bryan

Guest joejccva71

Bryan yea I realize that about the ALT knob, however when I click the knob in the + or - direction I don't see anywhere where it displays what altitude I'm currently setting. Nothing is lit up anywhere or any gauge that shows what altitude it is. I've checked the manual many times, and it doesn't show me the altitude no matter which direction I turn the ALT knob. :(