Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardA

Gauge Issue causing FSX CTD

Guest RichardA

I have Vista Ultimate / FSX with SP1 & SP2 / ActiveSkyX with SP3 / ATR72-500 with SP1 & ASX Temporary Fix but FSX continues to crash when accessing the ATR72-500 aircraft.I have followed the usual steps of uninstalling fs2crew and atr72-500 and re-installed. I have also disabled the UAC and even changed the permission properties of the Program File folder to give me administrative full control. I have also given the FS2Crew start centre, ATR config manager, ASX and FSX shortcuts adminstrator access and Windows XP compatability optionsFSX works ok with the ATR if I restore the original flight 1 ATR panel config but crashes when I select the fscrew panel config.It crashes with the an error of acrew6.gau, I have looked in the FSX FS2CREW folder and the gauges are there and suspect it something to do with read/write access.Could you please advise.Regards Richard.

Guest RichardA

May of found a solution but need to test further.1. Change panel config in crew centre to the atr panel.2. Start FSX and load the ATR.3. Change panel config in crew centre to fs2crew panel.4. In FSX re-load the ATR aircraft.

Guest RichardA

Hi Brian,I did install the FS2Crew update and the settings in fsx are for the 2D cockpit as default.Thanks for the quick response I am most impressed

Guest RichardA

Hi Bryan,I have installed the fs2crew update and it is now working ok. Once again many thanks for the quick response.Regards,Richard.

Guest RichardA

Bryan,When using fs2crew today unable to view the Briefing (RMI Gauge)or the PA panel.Regards,Richard

Guest RichardA

Hi Bryan,When activating I did not get the initial message but when I took the timer down to 22mins I did get the FO confirm that he had done the walk around. I therefore decided to reinstall everything again including the ATR and then had the same problem but this time when activating fs2crew the timer box changed from 30mins to hypens.I have the FS9 version of ATR and then use the FSX patch conversion to install.Regards,Richard.

Guest RichardA

Hi Bryan,Will give that a try tomorrow.Regards,Richard

Guest RichardA

Hi Bryan,Tried today through the default cessna and when trying to select the ATR it ctd with the following:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: acrew6.GAU Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 48008a55 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00001b4f OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem: LCID: 2057Have also noticed in the past that when closing FSX it would normally come up with an error message but did not seem to effect anything. Will try to replicate again.Regards,Richard.

Guest RichardA

Managed to replicate the other faultProblem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 04246c81 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: fd00 Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160 Additional Information 3: fd00 Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160Thought active sky may be the problem and have uninstalled it but the problems still persist.Regards,Richard.

Hello Richard,The 1st error report lists on my gauges.The 2nd one lists FSX itself.Please email me and send me your panel.cfg.If you installed Active Sky, the Active Sky X gauge may have altered the modified FS2Crew panel.cfg (thrown something out of sequence).My email is: admin@fs2crew.comAlso you mentioned it was working for you before. See if you can revert to that state.Cheers,Bryan

Hi,the CTD appears if you choose the ATR FSX with FS2crew directly from the start menu of FSX.To avoid the CTD, when at the menu page, choose the cessna from the aircraft menu, choose a default airport (KSEA), then click on start (or take off).Once the scenery is loaded at KSEA on the runway ready for take off, you can change the aircraft to the ATR FSX with FS2crew, and you can change airport.

vpa055.png