Sign in to follow this  
Guest SetW

Second Leg

Guest SetW

Hi, Bryan: I just flew a second leg on the ATR and my crew bailed on me. We went through the setup normally, I programmed the FMC, closed up all discontinuities, but didn't get a descent point in the VNAV page. This frequently happens to me on a second leg but VNAV shows up after I'm aloft. And my copilot didn't point out any problems. Everything was fine until we hit cruising altitude. I checked VNAV and there was no descent point. The crew went silent and I was on my own for the rest of the flight. Any thoughts? Thanks, Scott

Hello Scott,That would be a question for Flight1 ATR Support Forum as to why you did not get a descent point.I know from experience though that, even on a first leg, under certain conditions it's possible to not to get a VNAV descent point even though all discontinuities have been cleared.I've notified Hans about this in the past, but I'm not sure what's happening with it.However, FS2Crew FSX ATR does have a provision built-in to accommodate this situation though: Click "Force Descent Mode" on the Approach Brief page if no VNAV descent point is available.That way your crew won't go to sleep.Cheers,Bryan

I've noticed the same thing here. And it seems to happen on very short haul flights, for instance, between FMEE and FIMP, only 130 Nm.

vpa055.png

Guest SetW

>Hello Scott,>>That would be a question for Flight1 ATR Support Forum as to>why you did not get a descent point.>>I know from experience though that, even on a first leg, under>certain conditions it's possible to not to get a VNAV descent>point even though all discontinuities have been cleared.>>I've notified Hans about this in the past, but I'm not sure>what's happening with it.>>However, FS2Crew FSX ATR does have a provision built-in to>accommodate this situation though: Click "Force Descent Mode">on the Approach Brief page if no VNAV descent point is>available.>>That way your crew won't go to sleep.>>>Cheers,>>Bryan>>>>>>>Thanks, Bryan. I'm flying FS9 but it's good to know if I move to FSX there'll be a fix.Cheers,Scott