Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolk

CaptainSim 757, can we help each other?

OK, so we all know that CS have once again left us with a buggy incomplete A/C. Some of it is really pathetic and pure laziness if you ask me. Like in the wingviews, one view has an engine, the other has flaps but neither have both LOL... Come on!In addition it appears they have moved to a knowledge base, Q&A,E-Mail support system instead of a forum.So we can keep crying over spilled milk or we can try to help each other out as much as possible. The sad fact is under all of this really does lie an AC that without its bugs would rival some of the best in FS. As it stands today it is only marginally flyable from my perspective but maybe we can change that!!!_____________________________________________________________________I am getting much more realistic fuel burn by converting the Fuel Scalar from 0.4 to 1.3 This has some adverse affects because of the fact that CS allow all tanks to burn fuel together even if the fuel pumps are shut off. You will burn out your outer tanks before your center tank but at least you wont use 19k Lbs of fuel on a 7 hour flight. Right now it looks like I will use 59k with a tailwind on a 6.5 hour flight. Much more realistic burn but I have no idea how to tell FS to use the outer tanks first :(_____________________________________________________________________Q: Unable to seperate overhead panel from the main panel when move them to second monitor (Block F, FS9 version).A: Please do the following:1. Go to [Flight Simulator 9 Root Folder]Aircraft757-200_Captainpanel2. Open the file panel.cfg3. In the section [window05] change render_3d_window= value "1" to "0"Please note you make modification at your own risk._____________________________________________________________________Q: How can I delete the flight deck poster? (For all I know that bunny is flipping me off LOL)A: 1. Open the folder [MSFS Root Folder]>Aircraft757-200_Captaintexture.xxx (for each aircraft variation)2. Rename the files:- cs757_C_30_transp.bmp to cs757_C_30.bmp- cs757_C_30.bmp to cs757_C_30_transp.bmp3. Delete or rename anyway you like the file cs757_C_30_L.bmp____________________________________________________________________Q: How to remove Pilots' Window Clipboards?A: 1. Open the folder [MSFS Root Folder]>Aircraft757-200_Captaintexture.xxx (for each aircraft variation)2. Rename the files:- cs757_C_29.bmp to cs757_C_29_transp.bmp and- cs757_C_29_transp.bmp to cs757_C_29.bmp3. Delete or rename anyway you like the file cs757_C_29_L.bmp_____________________________________________________________________And for that HORRIBLE night lightingQ: I can't adjust the the panel lights, they are either on or off or full bright.A: Three VC lightning options available:- Lightmaps Off- Lightmaps On- Instruments Backlight On with Lightmaps OnPer CS:As for the lightmaps, some people like dark cockpit, other like bright one. But MSFS works with just one set of lightmaps. (What a load of Cr*p) PMDG, PSS, LVL-D all have off/backlit gauges only, glareshield and dome lighting at a minimum so even if there is an FS limitation there are workarounds...If you want your cockpit to be darker, you can turn off (comment) the VC light effect (#8)Aircraft.cfg[LIGHTS]//light.8 =4, 68.48, 0.00, 5.19, fx_vclightwhiThe correct lines are actually://light.2 = 4, 67.00, 2.00, 5.19, fx_vclightwhi//light.3 = 4, 67.00, -2.00, 5.19, fx_vclightwhiThis one still KILLS me though. Commenting the lines don't make a huge difference because you can't kill the glareshield lights or map lights at all. So if any of the wizards of repainting are out there and can adjust the CS .bmp's to remove the panel lighting from the .bmp and just leave the gauges backlit PLEASE let me know. I am more than happy to make the effort myself, I just don't know where to start (or finish) Since you obviously can't make money off CS in any way if anyone steps up with tackling the night lighting I will donate a new FS AC or scenery of your choice to you ;)______________________________________________________________________And why is there no airspeed on on the PFD? It just looks like a glideslope where I would expect an airspeed tape to be. Can someone explain what that gauge is and how to use it?And one more question... Does everyone else have the brakes always on when flying this bird or is that just me? This is the only AC I get it on...That is all I can think of for now but I will continue to add as I think of things. Please feel free to add somewhat positive contributions. Little baby CS flames are understandable but lets not get this thread closed LOL...Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We once upon a time hosted the official CS forum. I am willing to open up an unofficial CS forum for everyone to use, if that is of interest.

I know the unofficial PSS forum has been massively helpful Tom and I am very grateful for it. If there is enough interest I would be willing to help moderate a CS forum in the same format if someone is willing to moderate my moderating ;)Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

I'll moderate your moderating if some one moderates my moderating of you ;)I think an UN official forum would be a good idea....

I think it is a great idea. Even with some of the really best "official" forums, there is always a great deal of additional 'creative information' offered from simmers to other simmers in unofficial discussion..

One thing that bugs me is the CG is ALWAYS 24%!Also, when I call the flight attendant, I get the altitude warning horn....

>We once upon a time hosted the official CS forum. I am>willing to open up an unofficial CS forum for everyone to use,>if that is of interest.I think that would be a great service to the community. I've tried to sign up for CS's new support forum with no luck, and I have a feeling that alot of others are in the same boat.Since "support" was pretty much non-existent there anyway, I don't see their new format, which requires a product code to get into, to be any better. (I got way more support from forum members when the old forum was in place than I ever did from CS. All they would say is that they needed 10 cases before they'd even investigate an issue, which we all knew was just a way to blow off an issue).And the worst part is if you're a new customer who never got the registration email from them (a very common problem based on the number of posts in the old forum before it vanished), you have no recourse to figure out what to do. The steps they outline on their support page do not work, at least when I tried it.So a place here at Avsim where customers could come to and see if experienced CS customers could help them would be a great service to the community.The only bad part is that some of the problems would require action or input from a CS representative, and I'm pretty sure that based on the lack of presence they had in their own forum, you'd never get one to respond here. :-lol Anyway, please bring the CS forum back, I'd like to see all those customers left in the dark with some expensive software have SOMEWHERE to get support...official or not.Regards,Steve Dra

I'd like to see a forum expanded to help with all CS products. I'd be more than happy to moderate.-Jeremy

another vote for a forum here.p.s thanks for that post.....im finally rid of that ridiculous poster!!!

Please do Tom!!!Those of us who have been actively trying to help other CS users (and grumbling and screaming along the way) will make sure that questions from our fellow simmers are answered to the best of our ability. It will be usefull.You're the man (like you didn't already know)Best regards,Mike T.

Well, after going back and trying to get into support again after 2 weeks looking at this silly NOTAM (the date keeps changing):"NOTAM 10JUN08: We are still in process of upgrading our online services. At times some online services may be temporary unavailable. If so, please try back later. We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience." ............still nothing...no support link to a forum of any kind, no "trouble ticket" system, nada.It's almost been a month now since they said the website would be back up...I've got a feeling they won't even have a forum (like they promised they would).So yeah, I'm thinking a CS forum here at Avsim would be a great benefit to the community, especially the poor boxed/CD/DVD owners who are shown so much appreciation by CS for buying their products with verbiage like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189836.jpgSorry boxed customers...you are not valuable to them.So they are basically saying that they don't care about non-download customers, unless they PAY for support....nice. Of course we know that any technical questions a boxed customer would have would be redirected by Justflight or whoever to CS, they made the product after all. :-rollThe thing that concerns me the most is that I'm imagining that this would apply to any updates/patches as well, so in effect, a boxed customer would be out of luck to get a critical update/patch to their purchase from CS, unless they paid for support...I bet it doesn't mention that on the box. ;)Maybe the first post in the new forum should be pinned and titled something like "Boxed customers, look here 1st (to see what was not included in the price)"Looking at how other devs handle boxed versions, looks like they all will support technical issues associated with their product (for free), but naturally any purchasing issues would be handled by the reseller, which makes sense to me.As soon as I'm able to get ANY customer support from them, I'll see how much better it is now with the new features. I'm glad I got the download versions (I would NOT pay them a penny for support!)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Excellent post! If we do get the CS forum, this needs to be pinned at the top and we'll add to that thread.I've been experiementing with the fuel scalar also and it looks like 1.0 - 1.3 is indeed the best variable. 1.3 give a little too high of a fuel flow on the ground vs 1.0 but I think the total trip burn seems to add up a tad better with 1.3 vs 1.0.And THANKS for the cockpit lighting fix! I refused to fly the thing at night. You don't drive at night with your lights on in the interior of your car and no pilot flys at night with the cockpit bright. Lights off, gauge lighting on is the way ALL airline crews fly (no red, white, green or other ceiling light is used unless you drop the flight attendant's phone number and can't find it in the dark! :-lol) Regards,Mike T.

Does this mean I can finally get the CS 757? I have been holding off to see if problems were straightened out but after trying for 7 weeks to get help reinstalling my C130 (fs9) and getting generic responses, I keep second guessing myself. I did finally get the 130 installed though. Although many complaints are listed, it appears that the CS '75 is almost the only "game in town". I say that because I feel the CS has the most accurate model and by flying the C130 I suspect the flight dynamics may be pretty good too.The website is atrocious though. I can't figure out the models. I think to have the FMC functional, I need block F. In order to get that you need block B. Where is that? What is the Pro Pack? Isn't there one purchase to get everything at once? Cloudflyer

>Does this mean I can finally get the CS 757? I have been>holding off to see if problems were straightened out but after>trying for 7 weeks to get help reinstalling my C130 (fs9) and>getting generic responses, I keep second guessing myself. I>did finally get the 130 installed though. Although many>complaints are listed, it appears that the CS '75 is almost>the only "game in town". I say that because I feel the CS has>the most accurate model and by flying the C130 I suspect the>flight dynamics may be pretty good too.>>The website is atrocious though. I can't figure out the>models. I think to have the FMC functional, I need block F. In>order to get that you need block B. Where is that? What is the>Pro Pack? Isn't there one purchase to get everything at once?>>>CloudflyerYes, you can it all at once by buying the Pro Pack, however, I think all you really need are blocks B and F. The rest (IMO) are just addons that most simmers can configure themselves if they browse the library at Avsim and find better things like sounds, etc. And I'm not sure if the ACE utility is needed for anything (at least that interests me).Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Cloud:You NEED the Pro Pack v 2.0 which is a compilation of ALL blocks and includes full functionality (including FMC), sounds, accurate flight dynmaics etc. This is a single purchase which includes everything. Do NOT, repeat, DO NOT, buy the blocks seperately as there is no need.With that said, there are many issues with the product, not showstoppers, but many stupid programming omissions and bugs that really add to the frustration.However, the flight dynamics are absolutely superb, FMC works (mostly) and I would suggest replacing the sound with David Sylverstein's B757 freeware (here at Avsim) OR Turbine Sound Studios B757-RR which is the most accurate soundset I've heard to date.Join the party :-) We're here to help, even if Captain Sim isn't :-)Regards,Mike T.

Some of it is really pathetic and pure laziness if you ask me. Like in the wingviews, one view has an engine, the other has flaps but neither have both LOL... Come on! THANK YOU! That has been my issue with the CS 757 ever since I bought it and nothing could make me more annoyed. Even on their C-130 the #3 engine is missing from the wingview. Someone told me that it was done to "save FPS"What!How do all the other add-ons do it then :(But you are the only other person to acknowledge that wingview thing!!!!! I wish *that* was fixable but I know its not possible.What you say is true - of this addon was followed through it would have been great. As it happens it got binned from my system and Im happily flying the good old faithful Posky 757 - both wings and engines intact!! :(

Thanks for the encouragement MikeMichael akaCloudflyer

Thxs AVSIM for going where some companies REFUSE to go. After sll If we dont look after each other, who the #### is? Personnally im of the age where i prefer to talk to a person on the end of a phone line (forum), not some #### automated computer voice (CS Bugs and requests). And once again CS has chosen to go that way for the 2nd time running.(Raise Glass) so heres to a helpful Forum may it live long and prosper :)