Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrevorS

CS 707 questions

First of all, a sincere thanks for this forum. It is much appreciated. I guess now we can get real answers from real people!!Regarding the 7071. Does the pressurization system function? During a flight the applicable gauges on the SO panel don't move and I cannot set any of them. Can I assume that this system is not modelled?2. There only appears to be two settings for lighting in the cockpit with all the other lighting switches on the OH all being dummies. Is this true?3. Where can I get all the free 707 liveries that CS say are available? I tried the link on the CS website and all I got was the message that I had insufficient rights!!!! whatever that means! It appears that none of their links are working!I trust that someone will be able to assist me regarding these 3 queries.Thanks guys

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>>3. Where can I get all the free 707 liveries that CS say are>available? I tried the link on the CS website and all I got>was the message that I had insufficient rights!!!! whatever>that means! It appears that none of their links are working!>>I trust that someone will be able to assist me regarding these>3 queries.>>Thanks guysI'm getting the same thing on the C-130 page (insufficient rights), so I guess the site is still under construction, "sorry for the inconvenience."I personally think it would be nice to know just how long we're going to be inconvenienced and start getting access to the site. A month overdue already, and with their track record...well, you know.I was able to re-download my c-130 however, so that part of the site seems to be working (at least for me).I don't know how many times I can try it before it tells me I've done it too many times, I'd think they'd give you that information so you would know.I was able to get in to the knowledge base too, but its not "updated" as far as I can tell, still the same format and data. Oh, and a word of advice when searching for answers there....do not take everything said there as fact:"Q: Is there anywhere in the panel an Autothrottle and FMC of any kind?A: No, the 727 is to old for that.From: Legendary 727 / Systems Programming (gauges) (QID 64) "uhhh.... http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189911.htmlRegards,Steve Dra

Are there any 707 drivers out there who could please confirm (or reject) issues #1 and #2 in my original posting ?Thanks

1. I have not been able to get the pressurization system to work and have not heard of anyone else who has either.2. The interior lighting system is a one of the flaws of this aircraft that we have been forced to live with. I have to readjust the lighting every time I switch between the 2d and VC cockpits. On top of that, the light switches in each do not have similar functions. Captain Sim mentioned an update years ago but never delivered.This is the only Captain Sim product I have ever bought. Vowed never to buy another one from them until they finish this one.Ted