Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

olflier

Saving airplane setup with 757 FSX

First of all I want to congratulate who ever is responsible for starting up this forum...it HAS to be better than the CS supported one....that's all I have to say about that for now.Right now I have only the basic (not the pro)757 for FSX that I got a few months ago. From the very beginning I have had the following problem: I can set up the cockpit say APU running and electrical system powered and packs on,etc.,then save the flight, but when I reload the flight I get the aircraft with all systems off, but IRUs are OK and MFDs are all displayed. Needless to say I have done little else regarding "flying" this thing. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,LarryMoBo nvidia 680 SLIRAM 2-1 Ghz pc 800 DDR 2CPU Intel Q 6600 quad core 2.4 GhzGPU nvidia 8800 GTS OCOS XP SP3FSX SP2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>First of all I want to congratulate who ever is responsible>for starting up this forum...it HAS to be better than the CS>supported one....that's all I have to say about that for now.>Right now I have only the basic (not the pro)757 for FSX that>I got a few months ago. From the very beginning I have had the>following problem: I can set up the cockpit say APU running>and electrical system powered and packs on,etc.,then save the>flight, but when I reload the flight I get the aircraft with>all systems off, but IRUs are OK and MFDs are all displayed.>Needless to say I have done little else regarding "flying">this thing. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any>suggestions would be greatly appreciated.>Thanks,>LarryHey Larry,This forum WILL be better than any forum CS finally gets up and running, if not for the reason that HERE you will not be asked to provide every subtle detail about your system before we'll even entertain talking to you, nor will 9 other people have to provide the same to get a response...and I won't even get into the fact we won't discount any info you provide about an aircraft unless you are the actual Boeing engineer who designed it (or have the original blueprints to refer to). :)Generally, one thing I'd do to troubleshoot this problem is before you load your saved CS flight, load the default MS flight 1st. If this fixes it, then I'd suspect its the age old problem FS has had since day one with 3rd party addons. I've seen this fix many problems on several addons I've flown.Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Thanks for the help Steve, but unfortunately, it did not work. For the heck of it, I put the beast in the air, set the MCP and AP and then saved. Repeating the process (loading something else and then the 757 saved flt) my ship was still in the air, engines running, MCP and AP as I had them before, but all switched on the ovhd were back to default.. off....nice trick if you could do that for real. And just for clarification, this is not the only problem I have, just doesn't seem to make sense to proceed further until this is resolved.I'll keep checking the forum, based on the posts regarding the new pro series, I've got a lot of reading to do.Regards,LarryMoBo nvidia 680 SLIRAM 2-1 Ghz pc 800 DDR 2CPU Intel Q 6600 quad core 2.4 GhzGPU nvidia 8800 GTS OCOS XP SP3FSX SP2

I am having the same type of issue, loaded my flight from last night hoping my panel state would be the same and everything was lost. My flight plan, my MCP and AP settings, even lost the IRS position and had to finish manual stick. I wish there was a 'save panel state' like the Level D. I hope a work around can be found, or it will be really short flights for me. BTW, I am also in agreement at the creation of this board. Thank you! It is so great to come to a place where people can actually help each other, rather than being responded to with the canned response of that CS poster; "Please be sure to check the knowledge database or your post may face deletion etc." Totally useless approach to customer service.Great job Avsim!