Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GregB145

Captainsim 757-200 Pro pack with CDU//FMC has been released

And it is very, very, very nice. The cockpit and the exterior model are just superb. I've only had one flight so far a take off and scoot to cruise altitude and it seems to be fine. The only things I have found problems with were starting the engines manually and turning on the radios (so far ctrl+E have fixed that), however I'm digging through the manual tomorrow. I repeat again, the exterior models and the cockpit both VC and 2D are the best I have seen so far in FSX. Frame rates for me are at 20+Greg B

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow the fsx version is finally here.... I would be very interested to hear the opinions of people with the fsx block f version, how does it compare to the lds 767 in terms of systems?

Just picked this up and all I can say is wow! Very smooth on the frame rate, and this is surprising considering how detailed it is. Haven't had a chance to use the FMC yet as I just took it around the pattern a few times. It flys pretty nice though, and looks like a champ. Kudos to Captain Sim on this one!

Guys, anyoned tried the complete pack in FS9? How good was it systems and performance wise? I recall Just Flight had B757 as well, which one was the best? I'm on dual install, so I'm thinking dual (FS9'n'FSX) yet. :)I mean if it was a really deep simulation in FS9, good chance it will be good in FSX. Smooth FPS sound encouraging. Thanks.

Well, sorted out the Radio and Engine problem, ensure you load a default aircraft and the batteries and avionics are on.

Hay all ,had ordered yesterday morningand made a fully AP flight from EGPH to EDDS.Everything worked well and i didn`t put one look in to the manual.This is all in - FSX and Vista.The hole Thing is superbe smooth ( on my intel Quadcore 6600 ) - Programmed the FMC with a loaded flightplan that was made with Flightsim Commander worked ; Made a LNAV/VNAV worked ;Autoland worked very well and so i had a nice landing........shure they maybe some small queries that i didn`t saw with that flightbecause i tested not every possibly thing..........Nobody is perfect;And to say here : i am allmost 10 years on Flightsimming nowand i NEVER installed a Add On the worked that well at first time Flight - so my big respect to Captain Sim for the wonderfull Job done with this on.regardsMario G

I've never been very interested by this product because it had no FMS.But today I had a look at their videos and ...OMG! I've never seen such a degree of realism in a simulated aircraft.Absolutely outstanding stuff!I very well know this bird (the real one) and the only thing I see that's missing is the kerosene smell.Have a look, it's very impressive!http://www.captainsim.com/products/x757/video.html.If the flying model is as good as the exterior/exterior work, this lady will be a winner for FSX.Really stunning!:-beerchug

never bought anything from captainsim before, and heard not great things, but 757 is at the top of my pref so I could'nt wait and bought it. just AMAZING!!! so far (2 flights) everything works fine.FPS are ok in my E6400 oldish pc, using fsx...Great product, great realism!-Abrahamps. I always look for this info on someone elses description of a product so here it is: I use ASX and FSInn and no problems so far with this bird.

Greg,I'm a bit confused on the cost. It states the cost for the ProPack is 59 Euros but when I entered my credit card info and security codes, Mastercard said the price was $461.92. I immediately cancelled the transaction. Maybe somehow I ordered 4??? It appears the CDU/FMC is separate and 24 more Euros. That's a bit pricey even for me! It's definitely a nice looking 757 though!Jim

yup, expensive but same as the pmdg 747X. I guess those prices are here to stay...This 757 is a great product so can't complaint.

Yeah good customer service dont come cheap.Have fun with it.

>Greg,>I'm a bit confused on the cost. It states the cost for the>ProPack is 59 Euros but when I entered my credit card info and>security codes, Mastercard said the price was $461.92. I>immediately cancelled the transaction. Maybe somehow I>ordered 4??? It appears the CDU/FMC is separate and 24 more>Euros. That's a bit pricey even for me! It's definitely a>nice looking 757 though!>>JimJimYep, happened with me, the price afaik of 461.92 is the local Ukrainian currency. The pro pack comes with the CDU/FMC complete, the 24 euros is for the upgrade if you had bought the seperate blocks. The only thing I'm finding at the moment is the fuel flow is quite low, I've been flying for nearly 5 hours and used 23% from a full load and I was just below the MTOW. Greg

I own block B and see that I can upgrade for $40, but I'm with JimJam. For that price I could almost buy the Level-d outright, and that already has quite a bit of what is here. Is it worth it just buying the block F upgrade, or does the Propack really live up to the $90?

Thanks Greg for the excellent response. I'm on my way to placing an order. Best regards,Jim