Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest GrantM

Installation problem!!!

Bought the Block F upgrade for FSX yesterday. Installed anew most recent versions of FSX 757 blocks B, C, then E with problem. Then tried to install Block F. It deleted Block B and old files as it was supposed to, but then asked for activation to finish the install. I tried online activation, but got an Error 12 message and tried all the three solutions they outlined in that message, from restarting the installer and my computer and then checking for NOTAMs at CaptainSim support. Nothing! Then I tried the Manual Activation by generating the code and going to the http://www.captainsim.com/active/offline.php page. Upon entering my code to generate a key, I got an Error 06 message that stated my Order Number was not found in CaptainSim records. I then went and rechecked my Profile, and there, sure enough, was my purchase of FSX Block F with the correct Order Number listed, so I cannot figure out why the CS error message states that the number is not in their records, because it is clearly evident in my purchase history. Anyway, I tried this process several times over the last 24 hours, but always the same result.Does anyone know if they are just having major technical problems still at their site? Anyone else having a similar problem (among the many at this point). Seems an ill conceived situation on CS part given a product release like this, nothing works, no support, and a broken ticket system, and I just spent $40 for this upgrade. I really feel sorry for those having spend $90 for the Pro-Pack and cannot get it installed!FRUSTRATING!GrantM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Bought the Block F upgrade for FSX yesterday. Installed anew>most recent versions of FSX 757 blocks B, C, then E with>problem. Then tried to install Block F. It deleted Block B>and old files as it was supposed to, but then asked for>activation to finish the install. I tried online activation,>but got an Error 12 message and tried all the three solutions>they outlined in that message, from restarting the installer>and my computer and then checking for NOTAMs at CaptainSim>support. Nothing! Then I tried the Manual Activation by>generating the code and going to the>http://www.captainsim.com/active/offline.php page. Upon>entering my code to generate a key, I got an Error 06 message>that stated my Order Number was not found in CaptainSim>records. I then went and rechecked my Profile, and there,>sure enough, was my purchase of FSX Block F with the correct>Order Number listed, so I cannot figure out why the CS error>message states that the number is not in their records,>because it is clearly evident in my purchase history. Anyway,>I tried this process several times over the last 24 hours, but>always the same result.>>Does anyone know if they are just having major technical>problems still at their site? Anyone else having a similar>problem (among the many at this point). Seems an ill>conceived situation on CS part given a product release like>this, nothing works, no support, and a broken ticket system,>and I just spent $40 for this upgrade. I really feel sorry>for those having spend $90 for the Pro-Pack and cannot get it>installed!>>FRUSTRATING!>>GrantM>Hey Grant, here's what the support page looks like:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190005.jpgI suspect that you will NEVER see them list any problems with the PURCHASE/REGISTRATION page, mainly because that may discourage people from trying to buy their stuff, which we all know works just about all the time...it's the part AFTER the sale that always seems to be the issue. And with MAJOR problems with trouble ticket system, I guess all customers will be left in dark until the experts over there get it fixed (for how many months now?).Of course if I made this post over in their non-existent forum, the last 10 posts previous asking for help would be ignored, but this one would be deleted immediately.Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

You know I don't remember seeing that date stamp at the top when I purchased and installed my block F upgrade which was on the 23rd. So I can only assume they have major issues on their end which the probably are trying to resolve, but it would be nice if they could straigten it very quickly.

Hi GrantM,I am stuck exactly where you are at.I got both the message. Error 12 and then wrong Order number.I've created a Service Ticket but not heard back ...not even an acknowledgment, that they even heard me. Pretty sloppy work.Manny

Guys,guys...... Have any of you been into sims for longer than a week?CS is infamous for this kind of crap and have one of the worst reputatons in the biz.When the release was anounced, the first thing I did was try to go to their forums and catch opinion post before they dissapeared.When the forum was not even working, I knew CS was up to their same old crap.After their c-130/paypal dabacle, they basically gave us the finger.Thats why this forum was started at Avsim because CS shut the customer out with no answers about our missing $$$$ and no plane delivered.PP and laywers got involved and basically CS had to show they were in good faith trying to help the customer.This amounted to a bunch of PR BS saying they were going to fix the 727.707,c-130 bla bla bla in order to satisfy the law.Have they done any of the above. NO! This was YEARS ago.And are they? Of course not.I am amazed that anyone fell for the block scheme anyways and after all this time,decided to throw even more money into it.Sorry to seem insensitive, but dealing with CS is BAD news.For $90, I am doing a background check and doing so would have opened up dozens and dozens of post, most getting locked because of all the complaints and people basically helplessly venting.I know how hard up everyone is for a new jet,but you deal with this outfit and you take your chances.

Hmm, I pretty much distrusted CS after reading their forums for a couple years now, but I personally never had a major issue with them. I did get my block B and F without any hitch whatsoever, but I still feel for Grant and Manny. It is hard not to get bitten by 'new addon fever' when people are enjoying their purchases and openly speaking of it on the forums. I guess I was lucky, but I think Jim is right. It is time we stop buying from these guys. I am as guilty as any for it. Sorry guys, and I truly hope there is a solution and will try to help in any way possible.

Manny,Sorry to hear about your similar experience. I just heard back today from CS on my ticket. They told me they cancelled it outright because it was already addressed in Question 31. Well after submitting all that info on my ticket, it seems they don't refer to it. Question 31 has to do with those persons running Windows Vista. I am on Windows XP. Their referral to Q 31 is completely irrelevant. They don't really read what one submits. CS' business will really drop off given all this bad support. A vendor just cannot treat customers this way and survive. I am done.GrantM

GrantQID 31 actually refers to the registration via key (internet not on your PC). But I think you have already tried that you are getting the "invalid order number error" just like I did.Manny