Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest firehawk44

CDU Issues

I have flown the 757 several times now from LAX - SFO. I like the fact you can bring up the flight plan within the CDU which saves a lot of time. Here's what I found so far though:You can program the CDU w/i the VC but it will not contain the same info as the CDU opened in the 2D mode in some cases. I tried to enter the arrival info in the VC CDU. I punched in arrival at ILS 28L w/trans at Faith. I hit the activate light then opened the Legs page to make sure everything was in sequence. The legs page did not show the data but the Rte page did. I went back to the arrival page and reentered my arrival at ILS 28L w/trans at Faith and again hit the activate button. Went to the Legs page and I now had 7 pages of waypoints w/the ILS28L data reiterated several times. I went to erase and it erased everything - all the waypoints BUT in the Route page, everything was okay. I decided to goto the CDU in the 2d Panel and when I opened the Legs page, everything about ILS28L was entered and correct! So I'm confused as to what CDU to use. I suspect the 2d panel CDU is the one that works properly. Just wondering if any other purchasers has had similar problems. I hope this is somehow fixed sometime in the future.Best regards,Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just in case someone reads this sometime in the future, I just wanted to update my earlier post and clean it up a bit. The CDU does work if you program it w/i the 2d panel. Do not attempt to program it through the VC as strange and abnormal things will occur.Best regards,Jim