Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucek

Start engines

I've tried to light up the engines using the procedure from the B763 (Level D), noting some variatios in the overhead panel between the 75 and 76. However, I can not even get the engines to turn with bleed air from the APU. I assume that I'm doing something wrong- any suggestions? APU is on, APU bleed enabled, engine start is grounded, etc.Thanks for any information,Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi BruceThe only thing I can thing of is you have to have the packs off for preasure to start engines. Or there wont be enought start presure.Cheers Bob

Thanks Bob,I should have added that I have done that too (that was one of my first reactions when the engines wouldn't spool).I will try again later today, maybe I'm overlooking something very simple. The old "CTRL-E" works fine, but not quite as realistic :)Thanks for your reply, much appreciated,Bruce.

You need Packs off, all bleeds on (engine x 2 and APU bleeds in this model), and you MUST have fuel pump switches on.Engine starts are working fine here, including in VC.David.

Thanks David. I have yet to get back to this bird on the engine start, but have flown her a lot and like it- although the systems are not up to par, the graphics in the CS stuff is awesome!Thanks, Bruce.

Just to be shure but should be tourned off packs before start engine , but why, even if the packs are on you can run engine.That is really odd.I see that they have in the list "Startup PACK CONTROL fix" let's hope.

I was going to answer a couple of months back then I could not find your postAs someone mentioned earlier I believe the packs have to be turned off due to the increased pressure needed to start the engines. Making sure to have the power turned on, start the fuel pumps and APU and make sure that your bleed air valve from the APU is opened and the engine bleed switches are turned on (opened) as well. I start with the port engine and switch the starter to GND on the overhead, waiting for N2 to reach 18% and switching the corresponding fuel cutoff switch to RUN on the pedestal behind the throttle, repeat for the other engine. It should start just fine.Robert Halmich

Hello.Well, I am having trouble starting the engines as well. I am going by the book!... and they won

Fuel pumps on, packs off, just like everyone else says. You should see your air pressure go up when you turn the packs off. Let me aks you this: is the valve light illuminated above the start switch when you are trying to start?I fly the 757 quite a bit and have not had problems starting the engines, either before, during or after pushback. One time I couldn't get the indicators to go up on my left engine prior to flipping the fuel lever, and it started anyway. Other than that, I haven't had problems. I use the vc to start and find the left/right buttons the best way to move the start knobs.I don't know if this makes a difference, but I always start in the default cessna and turn everything off, then switch. If you are doing it any other way (i.e. from a saved start) you might be saving something weird. I just think this is a good practice for most add-ons.Look for Bob Markey's You Tube video tutorials on the CS 757. They are good.Sorry if none of this helps, but I just don't have the problem.