Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest okleber

FMC/CDU flight plan import

Hi,found a similar thread about this in the CS forum however no answer was provided.Just bought and installed the CS757. Tried my first flight and ran into one issue that I can't find a solution to.I used FSBuild to create a FS9 flight plan (EGLL-LEMD) with SID included. Load up FS9 and chose the new flight plan and also let FS place the default Cessna at the correct location. Then load the CS757 and start the FMC programming. When I get to the route page I import the FS flight plan and finish the remaining steps until I get "Pre-flight complete". However I don't get to see the flight plan on the EFIS, no matter what settings I use. The LEGS page in the FMC shows 5 pages of waypoints (all with coordinates and no names) and the first waypoint, which is actually part of the SID) is some 6500 miles away. Of course in that case LNAV/VNAV doesn't really work (well I can enable them after takeoff but of course that doesn't bring me to LEMD).EDIT: First thing I do before programming the FMC is aligning the IRS, so yes this has been done.Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong ? The FS GPS shows the correct flightplan as loaded at the beginning !Thanks for your comments.Oliver

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong ? The FS GPS shows the correct flightplan as loaded at the beginning!"That sounds normal to me. The FS flight plan is only used by the FS ATC when flying the heavys like the CS757. The key to YOUR success is to get the right flight plan loaded into your 757 FMC as that will dictate where you fly to, not the FS9 flight plan. Since you manually entered the SID/STAR info when you made up the FS flight plan, it should work but some of the NAV info may not be in the CS NAV database so the FMC uses the coordinates instead. Manually enter a waypoint and see if the FMC will read it and enter it into your flight plan. As I recall in other commercial aircraft FMC's, manually inputed SID/STARS will not work and you have to use the ones in the CS NAV databases. Anyway, on the first page of the FMC, you should be entering your current location (e.g., EGLL). You shouldn't skip that page as it's used in conjunction with the IRS to align your current position and that may be why your first waypoint is around 6500 miles away. I wouldn't begin programming the FMC until the IRS is aligned and the switches are in the NAV position (you're probably already doing this but thought I'd state it anyway). Your EFIS should be lit up too and working before programming the FMC. Next, I had difficulties programming the FMC in VC mode and found that programming should be done in the 2d panel mode. When I did it in the VC mode, I had 5 pages in my legs page but it was totally messed up and it wouldn't read my arrival runway info (even though the arrival page indicated the correct runway was selected with the proper transition). Discontinuities and a constant repeat of the arrival runway info. I repeated my efforts in the 2d mode and I got a flight plan that worked great in 2 LEG pages instead of five. Now I had my VC FMC problems using the FSX version but assume it's probably the same in FS9. So that's all I can think of to maybe help your situation. I am normally very good at programming a FMC and, for the LDS767 or the PMDG 747, it takes me less than 5 minutes to enter the flight plan and complete the programming. Very easy. But the CS757 has given me some frustrations as you probably have read in my other posts in this forum. Good luck in getting your problem corrected.Best regards,Jim

I don't have a problem programming the FMC, meaning entering the waypoints manually. My goal was to use the FS flight plan import of the CS757 FMC, which doesn't seem to work at all.However everything works fine if entered manually. At least that's sthg ...Sorry if that wasn't clear.Oliver

"I don't have a problem programming the FMC, meaning entering the waypoints manually. My goal was to use the FS flight plan import of the CS757 FMC, which doesn't seem to work at all.However everything works fine if entered manually. At least that's sthg ...Sorry if that wasn't clear."Hi Oliver,I guess my post wasn't clear as I understood your post correctly. If you are able to enter the waypoints in the FMC manually (I mean everyone of the waypoints shown in the "new" FS Flight Plan), then there must be a problem with the import for FS9. For FSX, the FS flight plan import works without a problem. I no longer have FS9 installed so it looks like you'll need a FS9 user to come on board and answer your question. Sorry I couldn't be of further assistance.Best regards,Jim