Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seahawks

Captain Sim "CENSOR"

Captain Sim CensorCS removed my topic or my answers because all contained many things which did not please them.Look at this

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Captain Sim Censor>CS removed my topic or my answers because all contained many>things which did not please them.Greeting Domm,Your situation is one of the best examples of why we asked for this forum to be created on Avsim.CS routinely edits/deletes posts it feels will help customers understand that despite all the shiny wrappers they can put on their products, they have some serious issues that they have no intention of fixing (or are technically inept at doing so).You should have seen the PAGES of fixes PROMISED for their C-130, 727 and 707, including a list of verified bugs BY THEM that they claimed would be addressed in upcoming service packs, that mysteriously vanished with a few announcements that they were not supporting the FS9 product line anymore.This company is by far the WORST when it comes to support for its existing customers with promises of fixes that go on forever until years later they can justify (in their feeble minds) that the FS version is no longer valid.What a way to run a company. I wish everyone wasn't so fixated on the fact they do make great exterior models and realize that under that skin is a really horrible interior that doesn't deserve one penny from flightsimmers until they step up and follow through on what they promise when it comes to fixing the things broken out of the gate that we paid for.But sadly, as long as people can be comfortable dealing with CS knowing its long history of lying/deceiving ways, they'll continue to promise the world when it comes to service packs and deliver nothing.Oh, for those who think that they've been responsive about SP's for the FSX C-130 and 757, just wait a few years when they are no longer in vogue and you're asking them about the that next SP they've been promising is "in development" for the ten thousandth time, and getting the same reply "We don't give release dates, all we can say is that the SP is in development"....right before they announce they'll be terminating all support/development of your precious plane and your posts just...disappear. Mark my words.And talk to all the FSX 727 exterior shell customers STILL waiting for the rest of their plane. Sure, they didn't pay for it (blah blah blah) but CS sure IMPLIED that it was just around the corner. The last update by CS (only to tell us that they don't provide any release info) was December of last year. The package is going on 2 years since its release...that must be CS's notion of "just around the corner". :-lolRegards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

I agree their people skills and attitude to paying customers is sometimes apalling.But I do think they have the ability (and have on a number of occasions) made great products. The journey of getting to that great product can be very painful thought!I bought the 757 two years ago on the promise of 'Block F', I was one of the 1,000s of people disappointed that this Block it seemed would not emerged and would be another CS broken promise. Now, with Block F and with a workaround to address the serious brake bug in the FS9 version, I think the 757 Pro is an excellent product. Really fun to fly, great systems, great FDE, great sound and good frame rates.I also think their C-130 for FS9 ended up as a wonderful add-on that I'v had 100s of hours of fun and pleasure with in FS9.The owners of CS are Ukrainian and I think some of the problem with their people skills is cultural. There are language barriers, plus these people are ex-soviet military programmers ! ...... maybe I an generalising but I suspect that customer relations and 'soft skills' was not a strong part of their formative years.I think they are trying to get better but they still score a low mark in customer support of their products.I did say some time ago that I would never ever buy another CS product, but not to buy 757 with the full Block F would simply be 'cutting off my nose to spite my face' because while some may not want to admit or hear it, it does (now, finally) have the makings of a real classic add-on, up there with the best.I reserve my "I will never, ever buy" card, now, for Graham Waterford and the despicable bunch at the former PSS. Apparantly some of the PSS bunch are going to relaunch in the future under a different name - look out for that !