Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GGLurch

Question Liveries "Lengendary 727"

Hi everyone,i purchased the CS Legendary 727 for FS9. Now CS claims to have 331 free liveries available for the bird. However - i try for months now to access the download area at the CS homepage to grab some more liveries. All I get is something about rebuilding homepage etc. Now I can get some liveries here at AVSIm - not 331 so... but a good amount.Also i tried to download the nose-wheel fix - or at least read what to do. (turn radius problem - I know about the fix via the CS forum - another guy has the same problem and there is a link to the fix) Same there - rebuilding.I can not post something at the CS forum - guess why? -> rebuilding.It is so wierd, that i can not even read the bulletin about the homepage rebuilt - the link ends dead for me. (my purchase seems not to enable me to read it - i have not suffiant rights with the order number i provided). I purchased the plane in march and have support til 2009 - according to my accountinfo at CS.Does anybody know how long the thing is down?? Is the same problem present for other planes e.g. the B757?? They advertising a lot - so the download area must work - right?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Consider it a lesson learned and get the Flight1 727.That plane or CS is not worth the hassle.

Consider it a lesson learned and get the Flight1 727. That plane or CS is not worth the hassle.
I've had the same problem and I agree. Captain Sim did not answer my question directly, which was asked politely regarding the 727 liveries. They said they would not answer because it had already been asked and gave me a KB number to look up. I did and the answer was that the "318 FREE LIVERIES were scattered about the web on various sites". Poor customer service and misleading advertising in my opinion..I really enjoy the legendary 727, the Yak 9, the 104, MiG 21... and I'm slowly getting used to the 757. I too have as yet not found any way to disco the FMC from the AP however. I know that there are circuit breakers that do this, I found them in the CS 757 but they do not function so it looks like no hand flying the 757 unless I've missed something. I suppose one could opt never to engage the AP in the first place and fly the entire trip by hand...that doesn't sound too appealing though.I know, I'm rambling....but the thing is simply this, as cool as CS's products are or can be, their bad customer service is not enough to overcome it anymore....at least not for me. I won't buy from them anymore I would advise anyone else to give very strong consideration to looking at the many other flight sim companies prior to buying an aftermarket addon to MSFS X or FS9 from CS. We need to support the good companies in this very competitive bussiness. My .02