Sign in to follow this  
Guest caser

Old and new scenery are working together in FS

Guest Jacob02

Hello all,I am new here and would like to ask you for a help.I downloaded the Prague Ruzyne (LKPR) scenery and added it into the Microsoft FS 2004 via Scenery library. It works, but there are also the old building over it. Why is that? It hasn

Guest caser

Jacob:It sounds like you have duplicate scenery enabled. Sometimes when you add scenery you have to disable the default scenery. You can do this from the settings when you start FS9. After making changes you have to restart the simulator for them to take affect.RegardsRick

Guest Jacob02

Hi Rick,thanks for your explanation, however, I don

Guest caser

Jacob:In the readme file for the scenery you added it should tell you where to go to disable the default.RegardsRick

Guest Jacob02

Hi,it really is not written in the read-me file, I have tried many ways, but it still doesn

Guest caser

Jacob:I looked for Prague in my scenery list and there isn't one. The only thing I can suggest is to search Avsim library for a utility program that will find duplicate sceneries or write the author and ask him/her for help.RegardsRick

Guest Jacob02

Hi Rick,I completely uninstalled and again installed the new scenery and it WORKS properly! Thank you very much.Btw., is there a possibility how to make the gates moving towards the plane?Regards,Jacob

Guest caser

Jacob:There are only a few freeware airports with moving gates. You will have to search the library. Another option is to look at Aerosoft. They have an airport services program that is truly great. It works with the freeware Boston Logan and also they have mega-airports that are payware and well worth the money. Check out Aerosoft.Rick

Guest Jacob02

Hi Rick,I am sorry for annoying you, I just wanted to ask you what did you mean with the freeware of Boston Logan Intl? I have the scenery in my FS now, but the gates don

Guest caser

Jacob:Aerosoft has a program called Airport enhancement services. You can download it free and there is a list airports that you can activate when you buy credits in packs of 10. Boston Logan(freeware by George Grimshaw) is one scenery that works and then you can buy more airports from Simwings,Flytampa and a couple others that can be activated. Go to Aerosoft and have a look. Their scenery is great and the funtionality at their airports is really great. Follow me cars,moving jetways, marshallers at the gates,fuel truck,cleaning vehicles and catering vehicles. There is also a pushback truck. It makes the experience a lot more realistic, I have 10 of the airports and have used about 30 credits. I am sure you would like it. The credit packs are US$ 17.43.RegardsRick