Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dylanfwhit

Unable to Disconnect Autopilot

Hello, I bought the Captain Sim a few months ago (full package for FS9) and cannot got the autopilot to disconnect. I have tried hitting the DISENGAGE bar, hear a click, but nothing happens. When I hit "Z" I hear "autopilot disengaged" but it is STILL engaged. I am using the 2D model for optimal performance in FS9. I have tried countless times to contact Captain Sim and get support on this issue, but have been unsuccessful. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?Help much appreciated,Dylan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello, I bought the Captain Sim a few months ago (full package for FS9) and cannot got the autopilot to disconnect. I have tried hitting the DISENGAGE bar, hear a click, but nothing happens. When I hit "Z" I hear "autopilot disengaged" but it is STILL engaged. I am using the 2D model for optimal performance in FS9. I have tried countless times to contact Captain Sim and get support on this issue, but have been unsuccessful. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? Help much appreciated, Dylan
Z does not work for me either, however I'm not quite sure that it is supposed to with the CS 757. I've only had the sim a few days so I could be wrong...but I think I'm figuring it out a bit.The AP is really 3 separate APs on the 757, left, right and center. The L, R, C APs are in turn controlled by the IRS, which also has 3 separate systems...left, right and center. The left IRS controls the left AP, the center IRS controls the center AP..etc.Then each IRS channel is divided into 3 or 4 different functions...nav and att are the ones I'll address, because they are all I have a clue about. If one has the left CMD on and the left IRS is set to nav, one would need to turn switch that IRS to att to regain hand control of the plane ( turning the associated AP off). In NAV mode the IRS keeps the AP on. Think of the IRS as the AP control switch, which also gives hdg and ground speed info, wind speed and direction and lat longitude when aligned. Alignment takes about 30 seconds from the time NAV is selected and so has not worked in the air for me, only on the ground.I could be wrong here but after beating my head into the wall with her ( the 757) for a few hours that is the very next thing I myself am going to try.To those who say RTFM, I feel your pane but it is a really big manual. I'm working on it, I'm just impatient and I wanna fly. I have printed out all 5 manuals, drilled holes in the pages and placed them into a large binder book. This my first plane with a CDU......makes me miss the ol Legendary 727.Half the fun with this 757 is going to be figuring it out. Thanks to the AVSIM community for the help posted. Also, here is a quick flight guide posted on the CS 757 forum that was very helpful to me. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876Next time I'm going PMDG.

Hope it's not too late...Yes, the IRS should be aligned before use the autopilot, but aligning the IRS is one of the first actions you do when you start the 757.The autopilot disconnecting issue is fixed by replacing the file FSUIPC4.DLL with a previous version of the 4.4 (CS 757 automatically installs the 4.4 version of FSUIPC, so the 4.3 works) in the modules folder.See this topic:http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1229448660/30#30Bye!Andrea

Hope it's not too late...Yes, the IRS should be aligned before use the autopilot, but aligning the IRS is one of the first actions you do when you start the 757.The autopilot disconnecting issue is fixed by replacing the file FSUIPC4.DLL with a previous version of the 4.4 (CS 757 automatically installs the 4.4 version of FSUIPC, so the 4.3 works) in the modules folder.See this topic:http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1229448660/30#30Bye!Andrea
Thanks for this post Andrea. I also put the 4.3 version of FSUIPC in my modules folder after reading your reply. The aircraft finally appears to work properly! Pity about the poor VC framerates though.TrafficPilot