Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest stubbornswiss

Capt Sim 757 - DO NOT BUY!!!

Greetings!A firm warning to anyone who is reading these forums, while considering buying the Captain Sim 757.I recently bought the Pro Pack ($70.85), and I can assure you, if you are a serious simmer, this product is definitely a DO NOT BUY! It is full of bugs, has outdated nav data, numerous systems that do not work properly, freezes the pc, leading to numerous CTD's, has appalling exterior textures, and is misrepresented in their advertising (IMHO). Further, it appears that their customer support is not up to par for an add-on costing this much!So as not to bore you with repetition, I would advise that you read through other threads in this forum; for example:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=147&page=The Official Captain Sim Forum, has got to be one of the worst that I've come accross. Their forum rules actually warn users that they (the capt sim team members) may be rude to you, and you are told that "The right to "free speech" does not apply here"! WOW!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194332.jpghttp://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?vi...;num=1142611726If you post something critical of the product, or something they do not like, they simply delete it. (See reply #7 in the next link).http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1226444638I am currently trying to get a refund from them, and have filed a complaint with PayPal. Yes, I know their EULA states that there are no refunds, but that only applies if the product recieved is "As Advertised". I do not believe this is the case here. I have also mentioned this to a personal friend who is an attorney, and we are looking as to how to proceed, regarding filing a report with an appropriate authority regarding internet fraud i.e. product misrepresentation in online advertising.I shall keep you all posted!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have to agree, the product is all nice looking but lack of support and rudeness is not the way to go specially when you charge that much money for a product. for example, they released 2.1 which broke ILS and VOR navigation, in real life that plane is grounded cant fly, yet the captain sim has to give answer like this, the 2.1 is our last support for this product and none of the updates will be released for fs9, thats nice but 2.1 broke the ILS and VOR, so what the #### did i pay money for? bad experience wont ever buy anything from them ever again.

Okay..... an update!I first sent a message to Captain Sim support, and got an automated reply stating that as per their EULA, they did not offer refunds.I then initiated a complaint with PayPal, which Captain Sim did not even bother to respond to!After 1 week, I escalated it to a claim, and much to my surprise, I understand from PayPal (via email and telephone conversation) that as this was a purchase from a vendor other than eBay, they would not be in a position to do anything about a refund. To compound this, my PayPal account is associated with a checking account, and not a credit card, and so that also makes a claim slightly more difficult/time consuming.Needless to say, I am out of $70. As annoying as this is, it appears there is little I can do about it , and quite frankly I won't irritate myself any further with the matter.I have learnt lessons through this experience, namely to steer clear of Captain Sim products, to search these and other forums before purchasing any add-ons, and also, to be more conversant with PayPals user agreement!As a foot note:I fly both the PMDG 747-400X and MD-11. Also, after my experience with Captain Sim, I bought the Level-D 767-300. In my opinion these products are way ahead of Captain Sim. But that is just my opinion!Oh.... did I mention that I'm a retired airline captain? And I do mean in real life....:(

Hi,I confirm - CS757 FSX is a piece of sh..... I have bought it and I did not make any full flight ... It is completely unflyable, especially with yokes and throttles (there is no custom keys assigment for the most important systems). Please consider PMDG or Level D (I own them:).PS. I can't register into cs 757 forums due to its maintenance longing for few months :)

I agree.
I learned my lesson with their C-130 experiece for FSX sheeszzz "experience" right!Captain Sim will NEVER see another dollar from me so long as they're in business I DONT CARE WHAT THEY PRODUCE!!!!

And the stories keep coming in......Captain Sim Stole My Money .....DO NOT BUY CAPTAIN SIM
I fully agree with you.Their support if we can call that a support is just non-existent.I had a bad experience with the pro-pack of C-130X. Fortunately it cost me only 10$ instead of 70 (I bought it during their $10 evening sale). Those add-on maker are the shame of FS.Captain sim produces nice aircrafts but their coding is crap.Don't ever give them more than 30$ you will be disappointed.Yves

Yes its unreal how they can charge so much for unfinished products. I have the CS 757 pro and 727 pro. The 757 is totally unusable due to the rocking problem with the AP on. The 727 is nice but the sound set is horibble. I will never buy another CS product unless they get there crap together. There sims look awesome and I find the sound set in the 757 amazing, but I'm done paying top dollar for marginal and unfinished products. I'm also getting so sick of the glass cockpit airliners. I'm a fan of the old school airliners like the 707, 727, dc9, and md80 series. I wish companies like Level D, and PMDG would develop some of the older aircraft.

The 757 is totally unusable due to the rocking problem with the AP on.
I didn't realize that was a problem. I mean, it happened to me with real world weather (ASA) loaded on a clear day out of KSFO and figured that was an anomaly as I had a couple of other flights that worked great. But, thinking back, I don't think I had any real world weather turned on. It really flew nicely for me from LAX to SFO with the FMC configured and AP on. I'm going to have to experiment and see if this is actually the problem -- loading weather into the flight plan. Sorry to hear you're having many problems too with CS. Jim

I didn't realize that was a problem. I mean, it happened to me with real world weather (ASA) loaded on a clear day out of KSFO and figured that was an anomaly as I had a couple of other flights that worked great. But, thinking back, I don't think I had any real world weather turned on. It really flew nicely for me from LAX to SFO with the FMC configured and AP on. I'm going to have to experiment and see if this is actually the problem -- loading weather into the flight plan. Sorry to hear you're having many problems too with CS. Jim
Okay. An update regarding the "rocking" "wobbling" problem with the CS757 when the AP is turned on. I had forgotten that I had uninstalled or removed the FSUIPC.dll from my system. CS relies on the FSUIPC.dll. Simply reinstall the 757 4.2 version, select "Repair" and it will reinstall the FSUIPC.dll. Suddenly everything is working properly!Best reqards,Jim

I haven't been on the CS forum in a LONG time, as I know they rule with an iron fist and will not accept ANY constructive criticism. Unfortunately I bought the 757, 727, 707 and C130 a long time ago. When I bought a new pc, I didn't reinstall the crappy 727 or the 757. Well, lo and behold CS comes out with the 757 Pro Pack, so I decided to download it after finding out CS wasn't going to charge me for it :( At any rate, I was a bit happier that they did improve the flight dynamics and gave us a slightly improved FMC, BUT I will never buy another product from them ever again...mainly due to their severe lack of understanding that service after the sale is just as important.

I haven't been on the CS forum in a LONG time, as I know they rule with an iron fist and will not accept ANY constructive criticism. Unfortunately I bought the 757, 727, 707 and C130 a long time ago. When I bought a new pc, I didn't reinstall the crappy 727 or the 757. Well, lo and behold CS comes out with the 757 Pro Pack, so I decided to download it after finding out CS wasn't going to charge me for it :( At any rate, I was a bit happier that they did improve the flight dynamics and gave us a slightly improved FMC, BUT I will never buy another product from them ever again...mainly due to their severe lack of understanding that service after the sale is just as important.
I would like to say thank you for your post on the CS 757. I also understand that "757 Captain" is the same product just found on a different web site. J have been considering this payware for a long time and now can make a well educated decision. Keith

Just a different perspective, I have been flying the 757 for months and it is trouble free and looks outstanding. I feel sorry for the folks having trouble but in my case, I'm a happy camper, it's one of my favorite planes.

Just a different perspective, I have been flying the 757 for months and it is trouble free and looks outstanding. I feel sorry for the folks having trouble but in my case, I'm a happy camper, it's one of my favorite planes.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sure there are a few bad eggs around and I might just get a "bug-free" copy.I am curious to know if this version displays N3 readings for the Rolls Royce engine variants. Thank you!Keith