Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Dreamscapes Scenery Uk

Guest Bud

Wonder has anyone tried the Dreamscape scenery for the UK. I do most VFR flying here and am tempted by what I read on the web site. However, I seem to remember reading somewhere that it comes with an fps cost. I'd be grateful for any views for and against.Bud

Photo scenery does not reduce FPS. In fact, for some, it increases the FPS since Autogen (fps killer) is not used.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Paul - that is the one I was asking about, sorry I shouldn't have used the word scenery.Bud
I have the UK mesh and noticed no performance increase or decrease for that matter, my FPS stayed the same.

Guest Bud

Thanks Carl. May I ask, do you find it significantly improves your flying experience in the UK as the blurb would seem to suggest?Bud

Thanks Carl. May I ask, do you find it significantly improves your flying experience in the UK as the blurb would seem to suggest?Bud
The terrain certainly looks more realistic, and if you have a good ground texture program to go with it, it does impove the experience.

Guest Bud
The terrain certainly looks more realistic, and if you have a good ground texture program to go with it, it does impove the experience.
Many thanks - this maybe one to try.Bud

Guest Hedgehog

I have their Germany program and it is really nice...Makes a dramatic difference with barely any FPS hit...So, I assume the UK would do the same...Steve in Kansas

Many thanks - this maybe one to try.Bud

Guest Bud
I have their Germany program and it is really nice...Makes a dramatic difference with barely any FPS hit...So, I assume the UK would do the same...Steve in Kansas
Thanks Steve, they have a good price just now, I should treat myself to both for ChristmasBud

Guest Bob Keeshan
Thanks Steve, they have a good price just now, I should treat myself to both for ChristmasBud
How does NextMap ProMesh compare to FSGenesis v2 terrain mesh?

Guest christian
How does NextMap ProMesh compare to FSGenesis v2 terrain mesh?
short answer: 5m vs 90m resolution

Guest AkeldamaUK
Take a look at Horizons GenerationX UK photoscenery - this covers all of Eng and Wales and also comes with a 5m mesh.http://www.horizonsimulation.co.uk
I have that. I had the first generation which was pretty shonky. Had install issues and there was no night lighting or good water masks for the coastlined.That has all changed now. Version 2.0 which is on sale now is fantastic. Installs fine, gorgeous textures, very detailed water masking. And there are night textures.And there's a great UK2000 VFR airfields package available to match Vol. 1 too.

Are there airport elevation problems (the plateau issue) with the ProMesh UK? Reason I ask is I bought the California version, and they are very apparant there. The mesh is outstanding if you are away from an airport just sight-seeing the scenery, but all the airports end up with really massive elevation problems (due to FSX...not the ProMesh product). That's why I've held off on purchasing the UK or other versions. I'm still debating on buying the UK version with some quality photoreal UK textures, but the mesh\airport elevation issue is what's holding me back right now.Thanks for any info from someone using it.FalconAF

Rick Ryan