Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigrobmjca

Aircraft Id Help

Guest bigrobmjca

In the Simulator, when the text is displayed above aircraft with things like distance, altitude, and airline, How do I get that to display the AI aircraft's speed and route? I have looked and looked in for the Aircraft.cfg main file and can't find it. Went into each individual aircraft's aircraft.cfg and didn't find what I needed. Please Help,Thanks,Robert

In the Simulator, when the text is displayed above aircraft with things like distance, altitude, and airline, How do I get that to display the AI aircraft's speed and route? I have looked and looked in for the Aircraft.cfg main file and can't find it. Went into each individual aircraft's aircraft.cfg and didn't find what I needed. Please Help,Thanks,Robert
That degree of information is not available in the default FS2004 settings - however that and more is available if you use the free Traffic Toolbox utility which is available from Microsoft.You can download it here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeSimply install it anywhere and then place a copy of the TrafficToolbox.dll in your modules folder. Whne you next start FS2004, you will have a new option on the menu bar at the top of your screen (windowed mode) - named Toolbox if I remember correctly - which will allow you to change the AI settings, toggle the other aircraft labels on and off and select whatever info you want to be displayed. That is done under the settings tab. The explorer function will show what AI aircraft are is activ in the area and the status of each and much more. Clicking on any aircraft in the list will put you in spot of view of the aircraft so you can watch it.All of these options can be adjusted while you are flying - you do not have to exit the flying session to make changes.In my opinion, it is a "must have" utility.Hope this helps.

Guest bigrobmjca
That degree of information is not available in the default FS2004 settings - however that and more is available if you use the free Traffic Toolbox utility which is available from Microsoft.You can download it here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeSimply install it anywhere and then place a copy of the TrafficToolbox.dll in your modules folder. Whne you next start FS2004, you will have a new option on the menu bar at the top of your screen (windowed mode) - named Toolbox if I remember correctly - which will allow you to change the AI settings, toggle the other aircraft labels on and off and select whatever info you want to be displayed. That is done under the settings tab. The explorer function will show what AI aircraft are is activ in the area and the status of each and much more. Clicking on any aircraft in the list will put you in spot of view of the aircraft so you can watch it.All of these options can be adjusted while you are flying - you do not have to exit the flying session to make changes.In my opinion, it is a "must have" utility.Hope this helps.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR NEARLY 2 DAYS. NO PROBLEMS, WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!