Sign in to follow this  
Lseatflyr

Md-11 Abs Autobrake Problem

Just landed at Bangui/FEFF from Mitiga/HLLM. Weather was crap - 800m vis and 500' ceiling - glad they have an ILS!Still no joy on the autobrakes. I read Willy and John's post enroute so I tried arming the autobrakes on short final. Also, the control in this experiment was the fact that I uninstalled my other airliner add-on, the 767, as well as the MD-11. This flight was flown on a fresh install of the MD-11 without any other add-ons present.John's post makes me think that maybe the 747 has something inherent in it's design, or a component or something that is unexpectedly required in order for the MD-11 autobrakes to work. ...except that Willy's got both, and the MD-11 still doesn't work.Starting to run out of ideas, but I refuse to believe that my broken autobrakes can't be fixed. My next flight will probably be to set up a save-flight on final approach - to load up afterward without pedals plugged in. -Tony

I did beta testing and flew the release version of the MD11 for a month without the 747X installed (I lost it in a system failure - different story). Once a pre-release bug with brakes (also affected taxi braking) was fixed I never had a problem with autobrake on landing or aborted takeoff.I think you are on the right track, disconnecting the pedals, to test the autobrake function. I assure you, it should work (given the simulation is flown correctly and you have the destination programed into the FMS). Have you tried an aborted takeoff to see if they work? Just pull the throttle back above 80 kts but before V1.Just a random thought, is this a problem at only one destination or all of them? I assume you've already tried this at multiple locations (I can't go back a read the thread while I typing this), so I hope it's the hardware cause then you can figure out how to accomodate that.

Dan Downs KCRP

Per manual on page Land 10.7Arming of the ABS requires:ABS operative - CHECK pressure is good, see the screen shotDeceleration level selected prior to landing - CHECK, MAX, see screenie Anti-skid armed and operational - CHECK, see photo, no alert or warning on SDIRU1 and IRU2 operational - CHECKFlaps more then 28 degrees - Check, flaps 35 or 50ABS landing mode is activated when spoilers are deployed automatically or manually w/ throttles retarded to the idle position.So the ABS should activate even if I land on dirt road given the previous conditions stated in the manual are met......... but here are some more shots w/ ldg rwy entered - look at the brake tempshttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...20-14-15-16.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-15-51-155.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-16-27-752.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-16-34-930.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-16-36-263.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-16-51-992.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-17-23-494.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...0-17-34-540.jpgAnother thing I have noticed is the brake temps do not change while braking, but after turning off the rwy with no brakes applied the temps continued to rise to about 118-124, it took about a minute to reach that temp with brakes released.I have tried using the Aux HYD pump on too w/ no luck. RTO does not work(spoilers deploy) I have tried with out the pedels hooked up several times and it does not appear to make a difference.Could this be a bug in the IRU logic, HYD logic, or spoiler logic (a little bug) that makes the ABS think those conditions are not met?I have tried different settings in the PMDG menu -GNS, no GNS, real align, fast align, FMS 920 and 912. Pratts and GE variants, freighter, passenger. Many different airports. Loaded many different panel states provided with the MD-11. Seems to be consistant with all make of MD-11. I never would have known the ABS wasnt working until I decided to autoland from the passenger view one day because it looks cool (until I saw the fence go by) WillyBrake temps do not rise w/ manual braking

Here's an interesting development, guys - I've got autobrakes!!...and I haven't unplugged my pedals.What I did once was loaded the default 747 (probably any default plane), THEN load the MD-11. (As opposed to spawning straight into the world in the MD-11) Then I departed on a quick flight to make a save on final for re-loading. When I landed, I had autobrakes for the first time ever. Then I did another flight where I went to the end of the runway, loaded a panel state, and flew - no autobrakes. Then I loaded the default 747, reloaded the MD-11, didn't load a panel state but manually set everything back up - and I had autobrakes.So I'm playing around with that bit of info now.-Tony

I can confirm the A/B problems. I have CH Pro Pedals USB, and for me the autobrakes have zero effect as well.rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

Hi, I also confirm having no autobrakes at all in the MD-11. You are definitely not the only ones seeing this. Will try loading a default aircraft before starting up the MD-11. Hope it works. Otherwise this plane is simply terrific!My system specs:Vista 64-bit SP 1E8400 Intel Duo Core8 gig RamNividia 9800 GTX+FSX SP2CH Pro Pedalsalso using latest FSUIPC version.Ingo

Might the problem be connected to the panel state?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan - Could be, certainly haven't ruled that out yet, but I never messed around with panel states on most of my previous flights. Will play some more with panel states and loading default planes prior to the MD-11 over the next few flights and see if I can narrow it down.-Tony

Guest sagoes
Dan - Could be, certainly haven't ruled that out yet, but I never messed around with panel states on most of my previous flights. Will play some more with panel states and loading default planes prior to the MD-11 over the next few flights and see if I can narrow it down.-Tony

Guest sagoes
I can confirm the A/B problems. I have CH Pro Pedals USB, and for me the autobrakes have zero effect as well.rgds,Tero
Hello, I was having the autobrakes problem and after calibrate my ch pro pedals USB, my autobrakes are working. I am using FSUIPC registered version and the "trick"(at least for me) was to press the pedals a little before clicking on the minimum buttom to create a dead zone to avoid using some braking when using the rudders. Hope this helps. Best regards, Orlando.

Hello, I was having the autobrakes problem and after calibrate my ch pro pedals USB, my autobrakes are working. I am using FSUIPC registered version and the "trick"(at least for me) was to press the pedals a little before clicking on the minimum buttom to create a dead zone to avoid using some braking when using the rudders. Hope this helps. Best regards, Orlando.
Orlando,no this is not the issue, unfortunately. I've catched the no auto brakes bug too and it happens even though yoke and pedals are disabled. If it were just a calibration issue then it would go away by disabling them.Michael is investigating this but so far we are more or less clueless as to what the cause could be. It used to work for me just fine until very recently that's the weird thing.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi guys. I have the autobrake problem too.Since I've been using it the autobrakes have only worked twice in all my flights. But I noticed that both of the times that they worked I had forgotten to set my CH pro throttle to idle. I would usually set the throttle to idle sometime during descent to make sure it was at idle and would not interfere during the landing.I beleive this is called for in the tutorial flight. But the two times that my autobrakes worked ,I noticed that I had forgotten to set my throttle to idle.Could this have something to do with it? Or was it just a coincidence? Maybe someone else could try it and see what happens. I would also like to see this little bug fixed.I hope this helps! John Van Koeveringe ( in CYOW)

Guest Johnnyvk

Sorry Guys ! False alalm.I tried it again tonight and it did not work this time.Sorry about that,I thought I was on to something but I guess not. Back to the drawing board!! John Van Koeveringe (in CYOW)