Sign in to follow this  
Jax_Chief

Landing & Nav Lights

Quick question about the ext lighting on the md11.My nav & strobe lights will only come on when the landing lights are on. I have xgraphics installed but i have not used the a/c lighting options that come with it. Any ideas?FSX w/ sp2 vista64 w/ sp1Thanks JR

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Sorry, no. I've posted regarding this same issue several weeks ago, but there's been no resolution.I experience the inability to control lights on any PW powered MD-11F model. In addition, I have anomolies regarding with the 3D pilot models in exterior view, and issues with misplaced lights and effects.GE powered models work without error. I've got a fresh install of FSX with Acceleration. I have no other addons installed. Re-installation of the MD-11 has no effect. Regards,Nick

my problem applies to both pw and ge varients in both the default liv's and the fedex liv that i installed. perhaps pdmg could say if they have encountered this problem in beta?

I had problems with Xgraphics implemented regardless if I was using the lighting enhancements with the MD-11. I used the functions in Xgraphics to revert back to FSX original graphics and my problems disappeared. I have not tried to enhance my options after I went back to defaults though.Have you tried reverting back to the FSX default graphics?

I have ASX/XGraphics, and I have replaced the add-on spotlight.bmp with original but do not have a problem with nav/strobes working only with landing lights. I don't recall this being an issue during beta testing. I have complained about the nav lights not being directional as required by FAA (the rear white lights shouldn't be visible from the front or sides, and the red/green wing lights shouldn't be visible from the rear) but this turns out to be a problem with MSFS... I don't dare say it do I? Anyway, it is odd that different variations of this problem are coming up. I hope the solution is posted here for others that follow.

Dan Downs KCRP

Alrighty I tried restoring the "initial backup" via xgraphics and still no luck. Nav & strobes only come on with the landing / taxi light on. does anyone eles have any suggestions?