Sign in to follow this  
Dietmar

Edit Guid In Mdl_file

Hi,1.) Does somebody know how to edit die GUID per HEXEdit-Tool in a mdl-File for a FSX Lib-Object. I am looking for a search criteria for my hexeditor in order to find the GUID number in the mdl-file. I just want to change it to make the object different from the FSX library.2.) Is there i trick to assign a GUID to a AddOn mdl-file ( Aircraft, Object etc.) in order to make this to a static object in a FSX scenery.Thanks Dietmar

Hi,1.) Does somebody know how to edit die GUID per HEXEdit-Tool in a mdl-File for a FSX Lib-Object. I am looking for a search criteria for my hexeditor in order to find the GUID number in the mdl-file. I just want to change it to make the object different from the FSX library.2.) Is there i trick to assign a GUID to a AddOn mdl-file ( Aircraft, Object etc.) in order to make this to a static object in a FSX scenery.Thanks Dietmar
Ok, I found the position. If you open die mdl-file wit the hexeditor, the GUID begins in the 3rd row, colum 5. With the a change of the GUID you can now put for example the standard Cessna from FSX as a static Object into your addon scenery. The tool mode-converter provides you also with the individual GUID number of the model. The tool oyu can get here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php.RegardsDietmar

Hi,

Ok, I found the position. If you open die mdl-file wit the hexeditor, the GUID begins in the 3rd row, colum 5. With the a change of the GUID you can now put for example the standard Cessna from FSX as a static Object into your addon scenery. The tool mode-converter provides you also with the individual GUID number of the model. The tool oyu can get here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php.
I am not sure if the GUID is always on that hex position. But you will see there is a section in the MDL files that starts with the name "MDLG". This is the section that contains the GUID. After the name you first get 4 bytes with the length and then the actual GUID.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog