Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

New Nvidia Driver 180.48

Click on the 'Products Supported' tab on that page. If you have one of the cards listed, you can use that driver, whether you have SLI or not.

If you have a recent nvidia card, I'd go with the new drivers. I'm using them and did see an overall improvement with IQ and performance.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest tmond

Ok. Thanks Guys. Does Ntune come with these drivers? Do we still need Nhancer?Tim :( P.S. I hv Graphics card 8800GTX

I use nHancer with them, works great

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest ziporama

Note that these drivers appear to cause application crashes on some systems after a period of time, and this impacts not just in FSX. The earlier certified release 174.28 do not have that issue. In case you have issues with 180.48, your mileage does vary. You may be lucky :)Etienne

Note that these drivers appear to cause application crashes on some systems after a period of time, and this impacts not just in FSX. The earlier certified release 174.28 do not have that issue. In case you have issues with 180.48, your mileage does vary. You may be lucky :)Etienne
I've not experienced any crashes with this driver revision on my overclocked 8800 GT in any game I play. I'm not saying no one is experiencing problems with these drivers, but neither do I know anyone that has problems with them either.

My comments on the 180.48's...To counterweight what some enthusiastic posters said late last week, I personally do not notice any big difference. Framerates went down a little in my FSX stress test. IQ/shimmer may be a bit better, not sure yet. No app crashes. That's about it.I use an 8800GTX. I haven't decided if I will go back to 169.25 or not yet. Maybe I will let a little more time pass.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Boy do I hate updating drivers - the unknowns keep me up at night. I did install the new 180.48 driver on my Dell quad core. I have dual nvidia 8800 GTX and I saw a definate increase in FPS. With most sliders at 50% and water effect at full I was getting 24 fps with the LD767 with the cockpit 2D view. Now I get mid 30's. External views are > 75 fps. I always monitor FSP's as I am FSP fixated and I can say it definately helped.

Paul Gugliotta

Guest Jeffhew
Ok. Thanks Guys. Does Ntune come with these drivers? Do we still need Nhancer?Tim :( P.S. I hv Graphics card 8800GTX
I decided to try out NTune when I updated to these drivers, just to see if it had improved. Without getting into a long dissertation about it, I am back to using nHancer. Just make sure you re-install nHancer. If you happen to use Riva Tuner for control of the GPU fan and oc'ing, you need to make sure you're using the latest version of that as well. Regards,Jeff

Boy do I hate updating drivers - the unknowns keep me up at night. I did install the new 180.48 driver on my Dell quad core. I have dual nvidia 8800 GTX and I saw a definate increase in FPS. With most sliders at 50% and water effect at full I was getting 24 fps with the LD767 with the cockpit 2D view. Now I get mid 30's. External views are > 75 fps. I always monitor FSP's as I am FSP fixated and I can say it definately helped.
I share your reaction to updating drivers!I do have a question though, how exacting are you controlled conditions? Are you using absolutely identical conditions for your comparison? Heck, even the "fair weather" canned weather option can affect outcomes differently depending on where clouds might be. I find FSX (and former FS versions) to be impossible to compare unless you control absolutely every eventuality possible: same textures, same time of day, same runway, same exact weather. I guess the saved flight is the only way to make this comparison, then log FPS at fixed intervals in your fixed flight path. Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I updated and now my graphic go crazy. After 30min to 1 hour. Flashing to little squares all over the screen. I run 2 EVGA 9800 GTX cards in SLI mode. I just RMA'ed one card. Now after a week of using one card for up to 2 hours I am getting the same thing today flying 737 PIC for FSX after 50 min! Is it the drivers or my video card?Greg

I updated and now my graphic go crazy. After 30min to 1 hour. Flashing to little squares all over the screen. I run 2 EVGA 9800 GTX cards in SLI mode. I just RMA'ed one card. Now after a week of using one card for up to 2 hours I am getting the same thing today flying 737 PIC for FSX after 50 min! Is it the drivers or my video card?Greg
You should run a GPU stress-test such as the one found in ATi Tray Tools. If it produces errors, I would suspect a hardware failure rather than the driver, if not, vice versa. Often errors that occur after a period of time indicate a thermal issue. You can monitor your temperatures with RivaTuner.

I can certainly understand harhware issues. Until I upgraded my MB the newest drivers I could use were the 169.25s. However, my computer freezes after a while with the 180s. Went back to 178s and all is fine.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

using absolutely identical conditions for your comparison?
I did (I have a test scenario I always use), and my average frame rate went down with the 180.48's vs. the 169.25's. But the shimmering is definitely much reduced with the 180.48's. Image qual is of course subjective but fps in my identical condtion scenario is not. Right now, I am enjoying the lack of shimmering, so much so that I may keep the 180.48's for a while.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB