Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbinner

Something Completely Random

Guest jbinner

So, it's Saturday night, my marathon session of 15+ hours yesterday for this forum is over, and I finally have a beer in my hands. :( Lemme just say, from a day today filled with lights being put up, THANK GOD my wife thought enough to get us a $17 photo-sensitive light timer. lol Pretty frigging cool device; something so simple made me smile about 40 mins ago when the lights and inflatables in my yard turned off, on their own. lolI need to thank a couple people for their assistance and caring on this forum cut over:--From VATSIM, and VATUSA, Mr. VATUSA6 Brian Sperduto, for his Guru-ness on the conversion script help! Thanks man!!! Without you I'd still be in the weeds with 1.5 MILLION posts trying to spawn Satan! lol--To my fearless Leader, Tom, thanks for putting up with a jarhead. :) Yes, even we can "get it done" from time to time. lol--Finally, last but NOT least, to you, the readers. We knew we needed to do this, and take the good the bad and the ugly we got it done. :) Change is NOT always bad, and with this latest addition we move further along into "current" tech for the system. Trust me, there is A LOT more to come! Again, thank you to all in the community; your words today, even the "bad" ones, make me smile to know that I had a part in this. It's that feeling, along with the smile on my face from seeing so many NEW posts today, that have kept me in AVSIM and flight sim for years and hopefully many more to come! :)Thanks again, Happy Holidays, and Semper Fidelis!!!!!

Cheers and thanks for all the hard work!!!!

Guest nshahzad

I know how those days are, last minute code crunches... then something you don't expect... and then you're 8 hours and knee deep into code, command line, waiting for those beers. Had a deployment from hell last week, and I'm glad to see everything went off well here. However it goes, the hard work is always appreciated! And if you need help from an experienced PHP/Database guy... I'd love to offer my help.Cheers! :(