Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest phil

Surprised ...

but pleased to see that the forum made the transition to the new forum format. So what's new, apart from the forum software?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

but pleased to see that the forum made the transition to the new forum format. So what's new, apart from the forum software?
Hi Phil,Nothing much new where I am.. time for cold and snow, and I don't find enjoyment in that any longer :( Economy is hitting new lows every day, job ops are in decline, retirement funds are wrecked, health insurance is through the roof, crime is on the increase ahhhhhhh...How are things in Japan? :(

Economy here's been in the doldrums since I arrived - but I don't think there's any causal link. :( Getting colder here as well: maples at their best and the Bewick swans and Stellar's Sea Eagle should be arriving at the large lake nearby - signs that winter's arrived.I think I saw a "GTR Evolution" title on sale the other day - I guess it's the next title after GTR1 & GTR2. Anyone have any comments?Noticed that the post had 15 views - so someone else is lurking around: feel free to chip in. :(

Economy here's been in the doldrums since I arrived - but I don't think there's any causal link. :( Getting colder here as well: maples at their best and the Bewick swans and Stellar's Sea Eagle should be arriving at the large lake nearby - signs that winter's arrived.I think I saw a "GTR Evolution" title on sale the other day - I guess it's the next title after GTR1 & GTR2. Anyone have any comments?Noticed that the post had 15 views - so someone else is lurking around: feel free to chip in. :(
Yes, GTR Evolution is under $20USD here.. seems to be pretty much the same as one before "Race 07" with added closed wheel cars. My Nephew has "Race07" and says he likes it a lot, but one of the things I think he likes is that (same as when GPL got the lower powered add-on..) is easier to drive lower class openwheel car :(

Yes, GTR Evolution is under $20USD here.. seems to be pretty much the same as one before "Race 07" with added closed wheel cars. My Nephew has "Race07" and says he likes it a lot, but one of the things I think he likes is that (same as when GPL got the lower powered add-on..) is easier to drive lower class openwheel car :(
Sounds like it's just the job for me then! :(I'll probably pick it up sometime as I don't have any of the GTR series. Have to get the wheel and pedals connected back up again as well - shows how long since I've down an racing.

Sounds like it's just the job for me then! :(I'll probably pick it up sometime as I don't have any of the GTR series. Have to get the wheel and pedals connected back up again as well - shows how long since I've down an racing.
It's good to hear you might get back to it Phil... The GTR series is great, I love my GTR2 sim but have taken so much time away from the racing sims that I need to start all over again in my practice laps. Plus the fact that my racing rig sets flat on the floor and isn't as easy to get in and out of after a few more birthdays here :( My GPL stopped loading after the update to SP2 in XP some time ago, and I sure do miss it... after I build a new PC, it's getting installed from scratch again. GPL!

My GPL stopped loading after the update to SP2 in XP some time ago, and I sure do miss it... after I build a new PC, it's getting installed from scratch again.
That would be quite a while ago if it was SP2! Good to see RaceSimCentral is still going - and with that all important "GPL Trouble Shooting and Problems FAQ" :(

That would be quite a while ago if it was SP2! Good to see RaceSimCentral is still going - and with that all important "GPL Trouble Shooting and Problems FAQ" :(
Well, yes... I went through all the trouble shooting for my GPL, but had some nasty things from the Windows upgrade that kept me from fixing it, GPL blew itself into the BSOD along with my FS9 and several other pieces of software. I gave up out of frustration and figured I'd just save my efforts for after the next system build, which will be after the new CPUs run the current hardware prices down.I didn't update to SP2 right when it came out either so not quite that long.Every time I walk past my DVD of "Grand Prix" on the shelf, I want to climb back in my Lotus and race :(