Sign in to follow this  
Guest belga1

Rex Imminent !

Guest -BeNt-

Yeah that's cool and all, but I remember the REX team saying this thing was going to be $39.95, and the flightsim store has it up for $60?? I hope that's just something they put there until release or I will have to pass on it. Also I wonder what all we can uninstall with this installer.

Guest UlfB
Yeah that's cool and all, but I remember the REX team saying this thing was going to be $39.95, and the flightsim store has it up for $60?? I hope that's just something they put there until release or I will have to pass on it. Also I wonder what all we can uninstall with this installer.
Just change the currency from Australian dollars to US dollars and you'll get the expected price.Ulf B

Guest -BeNt-

Boy I feel dumb, haha thanks. That price looks much much more attractive.

Guest firehawk44

I hope it's released soon as I would like to see some good honest reviews before I decide to buy. I have Active Sky X and X Graphics and I don't see that much difference between the two looking at the videos and screenshots at the REX and HiFi Simulations websites. Some of the REX screenshots are much clearer though. The main difference is the price as REX is cheaper but the setup, configuration, weather engine and management technology used by HiFi techs for ASX appears to be very similar. Best regards,Jim

Guest nshahzad

It's also been "imminent" for several days now (since Wednesday or Thursday). Kinda lame how they did that. I'm probably still buying it though, it's just funny seeing people glued to their screens :(ASX has some miles to it already, so yes, it'll be interesting to see where that goes.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Don't forget, Reed Stough created Weather Maker before or around the same time Hi-Fi started up with Damien. He has the background in weather and programming skill set in place already so I would have to assume with knowing what he did for the FS9 version and adapting like every other developer for FSX it should be pretty nice. Tim is a VERY disciplined artist as everyone is drooling at how pretty the screenshots look so there is no mystery that the visuals will be awesome. Add Bill Collins & Stephen Lyon to the mix and in my opinion you've got a sure thing. It will be nice to get to see the end result and I wish them all the best coming from a developer myself, who was designing/building a dynamic weather engine with Peter Wilding (FEX) way before Chris Norris. I'll just say that Peter had no patience for me and felt he had to lash out at me so that was the end of that relationship and unfortunately for them, looks like Chris is in the same boat I was in (having to find work) so I don't expect Peter will be too happy with Chris as well delaying development of their weather engine.Carmine

Guest Mower

Cannot stand this waiting, today would be ideal before I have to hump it back to the job I detest tomorrow!

Hi everyone:We are currently populating 4 more mirrored servers, for a total of 10.SOON as that is final, it will be ready.Thanks :)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest Bob I
(Erased by author)(I thought better of a snarky comment)
I did that once... and Oh-Boy.Layabout