Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

War Emergency Power ?

Hi all,Since I'm helping out a friend with an aircraft design, could someone please explain the following to me w.r.t. the FS function War Emergency Power for piston engines ? I have a rough idea what it is, and I know the FDE (like aircraft.cfg) has some parameters for it, like type, offset, etc.I also found an FS variable (RECIP ENGx EMERGENCY BOOST ACTIVE), that indicates whether the function is on or off. However, I can't find an FS event that toggles this function.- Is there such an event, or is that an implicite function (like e.g.: activation at full throttle) ?- Does the WEP still work in FS9/FSX, or is it just a residue from CFS ? If someone can elaborate on this, many thanks in advance .....Rob Barendregt

There used to be a C event called KEY_WAR_EMERGENCY_POWER but it no longer appears in the FSX SDK's listing of event_ids......even though it is still listed in FSX's gauges.h file!As I recall though, there never was any XML token event for the command, which is why I wrote and released a small C gauge that provides an XML "command" that is "translated" by the hidden C gauge for this purpose.XML Code:

<Click>(L:WEP_Boost,enum) ! (>L:WEP_Boost,enum)</Click>

Use the above in your <Mouse> area. When the XML_WarEmerPower gauge detects the L:WEP_Boost variable is 1, it will switch on WEP in the sim, then reset the L:WEP_Boost variable back to zero to prevent looping.It's still here at avsim.com in the File Library. xml_wep.zip

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,Thanks very much; I'll give it a try ......At the same time, Doug D. also send me some stuff he created some time ago, to try out as well.So I have some testing to do . :( ..Cheers, Rob