Sign in to follow this  
ilarikousa

My Thoughts On Rc

Guest Mower

I agree completely but...I am so very tired of waiting for RC5...I really need some good ground ATC, even FSX is better at managing ground traffic.When o when is RC5 coming to us?

I agree completely but...I am so very tired of waiting for RC5...I really need some good ground ATC, even FSX is better at managing ground traffic.When o when is RC5 coming to us?
do you have v4? you waiting on ground traffic management? or something else?i've turned over a new leaf in the last couple of days. i've regained my focus on my list, i'm getting my other responsibilites in order, and going to do some serious coding over the next 30 days. but don't expect v5 in 30-60-90 days. i don't know when it will be released. i don't like to release buggy code, and send out patch after patch after patch.as doug says, quality not calendar. so when the quality is acceptable, we will look at the calendar.jd

do you have v4? you waiting on ground traffic management? or something else?i've turned over a new leaf in the last couple of days. i've regained my focus on my list, i'm getting my other responsibilites in order, and going to do some serious coding over the next 30 days. but don't expect v5 in 30-60-90 days. i don't know when it will be released. i don't like to release buggy code, and send out patch after patch after patch.as doug says, quality not calendar. so when the quality is acceptable, we will look at the calendar.jd
Agree with you 100%, take your time with v5, I'm really looking forward to it in a training context. I understand you've reworked/planning on reworking the menus as well? You mentioned something like that a while back.Oh, and forgot to mention, I'll be using FSX and RC5 to help a friend with eventual PPL and instrument-rating in the future. Just got him a Saitek yoke, throttle and pedals for Christmas. FSX is a really good, albeit non-recognized training platform, when you recognize its limits (for example making the pilot focus on the instruments instead of visual scan when VFR, although you largely get rid of this in the VC). I bet he's gonna be more comfortable with ATC and the radios in various types of airspace after having used RC. What do you guys conceive of RC as an extra training aid?

Guest keiron
i don't know when it will be released. i don't like to release buggy code, and send out patch after patch after patch.as doug says, quality not calendar. so when the quality is acceptable, we will look at the calendar.jd
There's not many developers like you around anymore. I really respect what you said there. Over there past years even major gaming companies have gone down the trend of releasing their material and then patch after patch. Thankyou for doing what you do :(

Indeed... maybe somebody should paint, say, the default 172 in a radar contact special livery and name it N05RC, as kudos to the team.

Indeed... maybe somebody should paint, say, the default 172 in a radar contact special livery and name it N05RC, as kudos to the team.
i'd prefer the default lear, that's the one i use for testing. i did change the tail number to N5RC :(

Guest Mower
do you have v4? you waiting on ground traffic management? or something else?
v4 is excellent, no complaints or suggestions for improvement EXCEPT:ground traffic management like the default FSX ATC does. Example, hold at x/y intersection for passing traffic or whatever. Also detailed directions to the active etc.

i'd prefer the default lear, that's the one i use for testing. i did change the tail number to N5RC :(
Is someone here familiar with painting liveries? Perhaps something like this could be shipped with the product or put up on the site to celebrate v5 once it comes out? JD, perhaps you could ask your daughter to come up with a livery for us :)