Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Rex Must Be Out...can't Get To Server!

Looks like I tried too late this morning. Can't access the site for purchasing REX. It must be out, I presume.Stan

Looks like I tried too late this morning. Can't access the site for purchasing REX. It must be out, I presume.Me too-looks like a landslide...

Nope.Everyone just keeps visiting the site and refreshing the REX page which brings the server to its knees every once in a while.It's back up now....still awaiting :(

It's not available yet.Why they release this stuff on weekends amazes me. The servers are gonna get slammed, and everyone is just gonna be unhappy they can't download it any faster than a 747 with 12 flat tires taxiing through a gargantuan mudslide in 10000 acres of quicksand with a 150% overloaded cargo manifest and an obese flight crew.Yeah...one of those "everyones" will probably be me, too. :( FalconAF

Rick Ryan

It's not available yet.Why they release this stuff on weekends amazes me. The servers are gonna get slammed, and everyone is just gonna be unhappy they can't download it any faster than a 747 with 12 flat tires taxiing through a gargantuan mudslide in 10000 acres of quicksand with a 150% overloaded cargo manifest and an obese flight crew.Yeah...one of those "everyones" will probably be me, too. :( FalconAF
The download itself will be spread across 10 servers, (1 primary and 9 mirrors), so there "should" be enough bandwidth to go around. Also the wrapper for the install will support download resume should something happen and you get cut off (a good thing too if you download 3.9 of the ~4gb and your net goes offline...). :(

OK, sounds good.(Off the record...I'll pay ya $5 extra if ya can arrange a "dedicated connection" line for me. OK...$7.99...but that's as high as I'm gonna go.....) :( FalconAF

Rick Ryan

OK, sounds good.(Off the record...I'll pay ya $5 extra if ya can arrange a "dedicated connection" line for me. OK...$7.99...but that's as high as I'm gonna go.....) :( FalconAF
:(