Sign in to follow this  
vcaptmattsmith

2009 Rtw Race Start Date

Hi all,I'm happy to announce the start date for the 2009 RTW Race - 21 February. We've yet to zero in on a starting time, but will be working on that as we develop the rules specific to this year's race.I know there's been some confusion about this, and I apologize. This will be the final date, and we'll work to be more definite, earlier, next year.Cheers,Matt SmithRTWR Executive Committee

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Hi all, I'm happy to announce the start date for the 2009 RTW Race - 21 February. We've yet to zero in on a starting time, but will be working on that as we develop the rules specific to this year's race. I know there's been some confusion about this, and I apologize. This will be the final date, and we'll work to be more definite, earlier, next year. Cheers, Matt Smith RTWR Executive Committee
Hi Matt,Thanks for informing us :)

Hi all,I'm happy to announce the start date for the 2009 RTW Race - 21 February. We've yet to zero in on a starting time, but will be working on that as we develop the rules specific to this year's race.I know there's been some confusion about this, and I apologize. This will be the final date, and we'll work to be more definite, earlier, next year.Cheers,Matt SmithRTWR Executive Committee
Ditto Thanks Matt :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest Emile061
Ditto Thanks Matt :)
Count me in Pilot 061 from South Africa ive done several around the world tours

Count me in Pilot 061 from South Africa ive done several around the world tours
Welcome Emile :) please feel free to try a practise Leg and we will try to help with any questions you have ;) New recruits are always very welcome :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest Ian007

I am interested in but were can I get more info on how the race is flown.

I am interested in but were can I get more info on how the race is flown.
Hi Ian,There's a lot of info contained in the pages of the very forum you are looking at, so you could attempt to work your way through the enormous amount of info contained here.Alternatively you could start by looking at the document listed at this address:http://www.fsrtwrace.com/rules.htmIt contains the basic rule structure of the race which is usually subject to some variation each year just to keep it interesting.Good luck, and welcome to Avsim.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Well, moving the race one week leaves me between a rock and a hard place...For once, my skiing club is actually going to hold a championship, and that is going to take place - you guessed it! - in week 9!Just as I thought I had it planned!Rats! :( BRGDSSven

Well, moving the race one week leaves me between a rock and a hard place...For once, my skiing club is actually going to hold a championship, and that is going to take place - you guessed it! - in week 9!Just as I thought I had it planned!Rats! :( BRGDSSven
Awww, too bad, Sven

Guest Windryder

Hello Everyone,I have been practicing a few of the new warbirds for Fs9, but I still need lots of practice. Am also flying the P-38 AND this time I am gonna be proficient in that small cessna which I so miserably failed on last year.I solved a few major problems with my controls and have a nice Saitek set this year. I am rockin' an Ready !I will be around later this week, now that I know what the practice flights are all about - people, like me, really interested in flying the race need to fly those flights. I flew mostly offline last year so hopefully I can get in here this time !Oh and BTW I flew a few chopper flights lately so I am gonna look for info on that too. As for flying the big birds this year I dont know; I can always practice and be ready for alternate just in case.I dont see the old private forums...I will be ready !WF