Sign in to follow this  
Naji

Success!

I am very happy that FU3 (plus FU2 scenery plus the patch) installed flawlessly on my Vista 32 system. I am running the sim at full settings plus 16x AA and 16x aniso. The only problem I had was with the 2D panel getting garbled with the AA setting; I quickly found the solution by disabling the AA-Gamma Correction setting on the nvidia control panel. Now FU3 is running perfect :( Now with the tedious work of adding back addons! Any help on the absolute necessities?Even though my FSX setup is outstanding, especially with the latest Orbx sceneries and Carenado planes, flying in FU3 has still this indescribable charm: the sound of the Cessna, the ATC, the rain..Anyway, glad to be back in FU3 skies.

Yes, as scenery goes the packages by Chris are a good start :( There may be a few aircraft that have been created since you left... eh, took a break. Look for the ones by Ansgar, Agtim or Jon. You might simply check the library, sort by date and scroll your way back. Within a few minutes you should have browsed through last year's add-ons.Hans Petter

Naji,Don't forget to install the High Detail AI Pack by Ansgar Avermeyer if you want to see detailed AI planes flying around!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest flight_unlimited_3

Hey najj. good work getting FU3 to work on vista. However I don't like the original soundfiles for teh cessna, it sounds like a lawnmower. but avsim has sound files that will change that for the better. Yes I also like the ATC and rain sounds, realistic for a small flight sim.

Hi Naji,I too have problems with a garbled 2D panel, although I run XP 32-bit.I tried turning off gamma correction in the Nvidia panel without success.Do you use nhancer or solely rely on the Nvidia control panel ?I run FU2 flawlessly on my system, but am getting fed up with my inability to combine good AA in FU3 with a readable 2D panel.I know I could press F1 and use the F12 tab for flight information, but I like to have access to all the other instruments on the fly, particularly the artificial horizon when flaring on landing. :( Regards Stuart