Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Scharwath

Dme Broken

Guest John Scharwath

Apparently I damaged something by installing new aircraft. After a VOR ferquency is entered in to Nav1, I sould see the distance from the station. I'm not behind a mountain. It works correctly on my other computer. I don't want to reinstallI'll loose all my scenery and aircraft. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Apparently I damaged something by installing new aircraft. After a VOR ferquency is entered in to Nav1, I sould see the distance from the station. I'm not behind a mountain. It works correctly on my other computer. I don't want to reinstallI'll loose all my scenery and aircraft. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Hi John,Not every VOR has DME capability. Are you sure the one you are using has it?

Guest John Scharwath
Hi John,Not every VOR has DME capability. Are you sure the one you are using has it?
LGA 113.1 is a VOR/DME taht the one I am using. I'm pretty sure its brokenTHANKS

John,You are correct, LGA does indeed have DME. It worked fine for me. Regretfully I cannot help you on this, but I might suggest you post a question about this in the scenery design forum. There are some pretty sharp guys over there. FS used to use a NAV database for VORs and DMEs. Could be that's gone missing.Sorry I couldn't help, Good Luck,Dale

Do a system restore on the computer to the point before the problem happened.

Guest John T.
LGA 113.1 is a VOR/DME taht the one I am using. I'm pretty sure its brokenTHANKS
Hello Dale I found its not completely broken. Miami airport works with a Cessna single. I will try LGE again with a different aircraft. thanks for responding