Guest pilotcdc

Sounds great, Damian! I have a question...I've been using AS6.5 for awhile now, and I just upgraded my computer and I was going to buy ASX. If I buy ASX now, will the upgrade to the new weather engine be included or should I just wait until the new program comes out?Thanks,Christian

Oh wait, it just occured to me. If you're gonna make it for both FSX & FS9, and given the fact that FS9 doesn't have any simconnect functionality, does this mean you are perhaps dumping the ever-problematic simconnect pipe for FSX and reverting back to FSUIPC for both versions? That would make sense to get around many of the issues noted with FSX weather. I remember a day when many of us used ActiveSky in the early FSX days without some of the current issues.Don't really expect an answer yet as I respect the "don't show all the cards too early" sentiment but just thinking out load as it were.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

deleted my comment - superfluous.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Everyone!Thanks for all the posts today!!I will make brief comments on those thing that I can right now. More information is just a few days away!The one mentioned program is not a part of this release.The fog issue is a texture situation and there are a few workarounds out there. FEX has a workaround that was described in a post here not too long ago. X Graphics has a workaround using some clear textures for this layer.Christian: Seeing that you are already using ASV6.5 with FSX I would wait a bit!Thanks!Jim

Hi Everyone!Thanks for all the posts today!!I will make brief comments on those thing that I can right now. More information is just a few days away!The one mentioned program is not a part of this release.The fog issue is a texture situation and there are a few workarounds out there. FEX has a workaround that was described in a post here not too long ago. X Graphics has a workaround using some clear textures for this layer.Christian: Seeing that you are already using ASV6.5 with FSX I would wait a bit!Thanks!Jim
Aw man! I just bought the program like a month ago! :(

The one mentioned program is not a part of this release.
If this is in relation to a full flight planning product bundled with our new weather engine, then yes, that is correct. We are not planning to include a full featured flight planner. We're working on one, however. It may be worth it to mention that we have enhanced our existing "flight planner" but its not a flight planner, its a weather planner. Still, it is far more comprehensive than what some advertise as a full "flight planner". A real "flight planner" would include auto route generation, route library, SID/DP/IAP database, updatable Nav Data, intersections, aircraft performance database and much more.
The fog issue is a texture situation and there are a few workarounds out there. FEX has a workaround that was described in a post here not too long ago. X Graphics has a workaround using some clear textures for this layer.
We will also be including a blank Cirrus Overcast Texture. It's been a very simple "fix" for graphics add-ons but until now has not been considered a weather engine item.Best,
Aw man! I just bought the program like a month ago! :(
Don't worry, there will be upgrade paths available to you.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

If this is in relation to a full flight planning product bundled with our new weather engine, then yes, that is correct. We are not planning to include a full featured flight planner. We're working on one, however. It may be worth it to mention that we have enhanced our existing "flight planner" but its not a flight planner, its a weather planner. Still, it is far more comprehensive than what some advertise as a full "flight planner". A real "flight planner" would include auto route generation, route library, SID/DP/IAP database, updatable Nav Data, intersections, aircraft performance database and much more. We will also be including a blank Cirrus Overcast Texture. It's been a very simple "fix" for graphics add-ons but until now has not been considered a weather engine item.Best,Don't worry, there will be upgrade paths available to you.
Umm - is there a smiley for drooling? :( yup - found it!!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If this is in relation to a full flight planning product bundled with our new weather engine, then yes, that is correct. We are not planning to include a full featured flight planner. We're working on one, however. It may be worth it to mention that we have enhanced our existing "flight planner" but its not a flight planner, its a weather planner. Still, it is far more comprehensive than what some advertise as a full "flight planner". A real "flight planner" would include auto route generation, route library, SID/DP/IAP database, updatable Nav Data, intersections, aircraft performance database and much more.
Ya know, as I read this it occurred to me that I always seem to be looking up departure and arrival weather first in ASX so that I can correctly analyze which runways, SID, and STAR I want to incorporate into my FSBuild2 flightplan. Maybe the new version will help with some of this initial tasking of creating a good flightplan, or even help decide which FL's will be best suited for my route. If not, then perhaps its an idea for a future feature. Can't wait to see the feature list of the upgrade :( Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest singletracker

Awesome news. It's a great program as is. I wouldn't be without it.Any improvement to the wind shears at upper levels? And the occasional macro visibility changes? (even with a route loaded and virtual stations I still get these at times).P.S Love the countdown timer on the Home page!

Guest singletracker
Ya know, as I read this it occurred to me that I always seem to be looking up departure and arrival weather first in ASX so that I can correctly analyze which runways, SID, and STAR I want to incorporate into my FSBuild2 flightplan.
Al, I had the same issue, the way I got around it was planning all routes to exclude SIDS & STARS. (Real plans are produced this way anyway) and use RC4 as my offline ATC client. It allows you to fly SIDS and STARS as long as you track within 30nm's to your first planned waypoint. IF you start ASX first then run FSBUILD you get the winds in FSbuild and just try different levels until you get the least fuel plan.

Al, I had the same issue, the way I got around it was planning all routes to exclude SIDS & STARS. (Real plans are produced this way anyway) and use RC4 as my offline ATC client. It allows you to fly SIDS and STARS as long as you track within 30nm's to your first planned waypoint. IF you start ASX first then run FSBUILD you get the winds in FSbuild and just try different levels until you get the least fuel plan.
Yes of course, I do much the same thing and keep my initial and final waypoints at or around th 40nm mark and do not export the actual SID/STARS. I find that much of my FL planning really are results in the weight (usually very heavy) and the climbs throughout the fuel-burn. But maybe ASX could someday recommend a slightly lower FL if winds are better. You and I are running very much the same way by the sounds of it. But, wouldn't it be cool if ASX was some day be aware that for a given airport, use the NavData the FMC's use and tell us what is happening and the SID/STARS involved with a given weather pattern and runway in use? Just thinking out-loud I guess.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I recently bought FS Flight Keeper 3.0 and this has a facility (amongst a myriad of other things) to read the weather from a weather engine, be it the FSX included one or ASX for example, it will then decode the METARS and TAFs into plain English for easier reading and include the average route temperature and wind component depending on the FL you have in the flight plan. It comes in very useful for when initially programming the FMS.

Cheers, Andy.

Yes of course, I do much the same thing and keep my initial and final waypoints at or around th 40nm mark and do not export the actual SID/STARS. I find that much of my FL planning really are results in the weight (usually very heavy) and the climbs throughout the fuel-burn. But maybe ASX could someday recommend a slightly lower FL if winds are better. You and I are running very much the same way by the sounds of it. But, wouldn't it be cool if ASX was some day be aware that for a given airport, use the NavData the FMC's use and tell us what is happening and the SID/STARS involved with a given weather pattern and runway in use? Just thinking out-loud I guess.Regards,
...and if ASX could make me some tea while it's at it...that would be even better :)I do about what you all do. I do not enter my STAR until I am getting toward the end of my cruise. At that point, I check the winds etc. at my destination and then enter the appropriate STAR into the FMC. On the PMDG MD-11 you can have a backup plan too (with a different STAR, for example), which is neat...(I successfully switched flight plans in mid-flight the other day and it worked like a charm..)Regarding the wind shear that singletracker mentioned, above...I found that ASX gets rid of most the problem, BUT in order to totally eliminate the shifts, I had to use the pay version of FSUIPC. With the combo of FSUIPC + ASX I now don't have wind shifts in FSX.Moving the thread back OT, I am looking forward to the web site changes and the new developments with ASX. I wonder if ASG is going to be integrated still? The wx-based texture loading scheme could be AMAZING, and I can think of several flight-plan loading scenarios where that could really be great.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB