Sign in to follow this  

Spoiler guage?

Perhaps it already exists & I just need the download, but would like to have a guage, switch or light that shows when the spoilers are on/off Any ideas? Thanks Eddie

Guest Captain Barfbag

It already exists and you DON'T need a download!Bring up the "Throttle Quadrant" view on most big jets. For the default panels, there's a small icon button (like the one for the GPS or Radio Stack) with a picture of a jet plane on it. There is a lever (which is labelled "brake" on the 737-400, others may vary) which controls and indicates the spoiler position.

Guest Grey_Wolf

Most of the gliders I fly have a Spoiler gauge. Usually its linear, not just on and off, so you can set the amount you want. The Grob 103 by Nick Karatzides, here at AVSIM has the gauge and its a great glider and modest download.Having FunGrey_Wolf

Thanks guys, I was wanting the guaage for a turbo Cessna, but discovered it don't even have spoilers!! Sooo a guage wouldn't do me a lot of good anywy... Though I have a 500 Kt Kias ATR 72 and it has spoilers, but I rarely fly it - it's only supposed to fly around 230 kts butit really sings! 8-) Thanks again for your trouble!! Eddie