Sign in to follow this  
bobde

Oom...only When Using Fs2crew

There seems to be a memory leak somewhere...I always get an OOM crash...but only when I use FS2crew in conjuction with PMDG 747-400. It usually happens towards the end of the flight. Virtual memory starts at 1.65 and usually crashes when it goes over 1.7. When I don't use FS2crew my virtual memory starts at 1.25 and never goes above 1.5. I also use FS2crew version for PMDG 737NG with no OOM issues.Intel Duo core 3.03 gig memoryXP SP2GeForce 8400 GS1680 x1050x32 screen sizeRunning in Full screenAny help would be greatly appreciated.Regards,Bob DeLorenzo

Hello Bob,Are you using any 3rd party memory managers?Sometimes they can cause interference.Other than that, it's hard to say. The user base for the 747 is very large, and this I think is the first mention I've had of an OOM over the last year.Have you investigated other possible causes for OOM's: Scenery, etc?Best,

Hello Bob,Are you using any 3rd party memory managers?Sometimes they can cause interference.Other than that, it's hard to say. The user base for the 747 is very large, and this I think is the first mention I've had of an OOM over the last year.Have you investigated other possible causes for OOM's: Scenery, etc?Best,
No, I don't use any 3rd party mamory managers...However, I did an 11 hour trip with the plane (without using FS2crew) and never ran out of memory so I don't think it could be a scenery conflict. Besides, no matter what area or scenery I fly into I seem to always get an OOM crash towards the very end of the flight when I use FS2crew...very sad...I really do enjoy all the hard work you have done...Oh well...such strange, individualistic beasts computers are...glad I'm not a programer.Thanks anyway,Bob

Hello Bob,I wish I could give you a better answer, but unfortunately I don't have one to give.Have you tried searching the general Avsin MSFS 2004 and FSX forums using the term "OOM".There's is a lot of discussion on OOMs and how they can be treated.All the best,

Hi,now that you've talked about that....After a few weeks with FSX and the PMDG MD11, I wanted to fly again the Queen Of The Sky. So I tried with FS9 (on VISTA 64 Bits) as it gives me more framerates with the B744.Moreover it was "Mondial De La Simulation" in Paris Le Bourget last weekend, so I wanted to do some online flights on IVAO.I made 3 flights, and the 3 flights gaves me CTD just in final before landing. The three times was with the PMDG B744 V2.1 and the latest FS2crew Version.First I thought the problem was the new scenery Paris CDG from Aerosoft, so I made some search on the net, and found that some dual AFCAD files or some landclass files placed in the wrong directory may give those OOM error. So I corrected my FS9 directory.I tried a flight from CDG to LHR, offline, with B744 and FS2Crew. Boom, CTD OOM on final to 27L at Heathrow !!!!!!!Now I am in the process of reinstalling Windows XP SP3 and FS9 stuff, to see if there was something wrong, with Vista and FS9. I made a short flight with the PMDG B738 and no problem. Now I'm going to try the PMDG B744 without and then without FS2crew to see if it is the problem....If I had read this topic yesterday, it would have saved me time before reinstalling all windows........... :(

vpa055.png

Hi,now that you've talked about that....After a few weeks with FSX and the PMDG MD11, I wanted to fly again the Queen Of The Sky. So I tried with FS9 (on VISTA 64 Bits) as it gives me more framerates with the B744.Moreover it was "Mondial De La Simulation" in Paris Le Bourget last weekend, so I wanted to do some online flights on IVAO.I made 3 flights, and the 3 flights gaves me CTD just in final before landing. The three times was with the PMDG B744 V2.1 and the latest FS2crew Version.First I thought the problem was the new scenery Paris CDG from Aerosoft, so I made some search on the net, and found that some dual AFCAD files or some landclass files placed in the wrong directory may give those OOM error. So I corrected my FS9 directory.I tried a flight from CDG to LHR, offline, with B744 and FS2Crew. Boom, CTD OOM on final to 27L at Heathrow !!!!!!!Now I am in the process of reinstalling Windows XP SP3 and FS9 stuff, to see if there was something wrong, with Vista and FS9. I made a short flight with the PMDG B738 and no problem. Now I'm going to try the PMDG B744 without and then without FS2crew to see if it is the problem....If I had read this topic yesterday, it would have saved me time before reinstalling all windows........... :(
Hi,I did the 3Gig memory switch and it eliminated the OOM problem. Search the FS9 forum...there is a step by step "how to".Hope it helpsBest Regards,Bob

Glad you got it resolved :-)
Hey, thanks for caring enough to check back. A fine (and very talented) human being you are, sir. Can't wait for the MD11 version for fs9 to finally be released.Bob

Hey, thanks for caring enough to check back. A fine (and very talented) human being you are, sir. Can't wait for the MD11 version for fs9 to finally be released.Bob
Hopefully soon on the FS9 MD11.Also soon for the Brit and Euro MD11 voice set.

Guest artjosh
No, I don't use any 3rd party mamory managers...Thanks anyway,Bob
Just a quick question on the side...Bob what on earth are Mamory Managers ?:-)Best regards from EDDFEd

Just a quick question on the side...Bob what on earth are Mamory Managers ?:-)Best regards from EDDFEd
There are some programs out there that will attempt to optimize memory usage.I don't suggest using them.If you're worried about RAM, just buy more. Ram is cheap.Cheers,