Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737767

engine indications tool

Guest 737767

I wonder if there is a tool available to cause the engine indications to be slightly different/assymetrical as in the real world e.g. N1 reading 91,2 left and 92,5 right engine.I would like to have this possibility to use with PIC767 and PSS747, at least ;) Thanks for any hints!

I haven't tried it but I would think just un-synching the engines would do it.

Guest ba747heavy

How would you 'unsync' the engines? I am very curious on this matter as well.

Guest RonB49

If you have a Controller with two levers (a dual throttle, for example, or a CH Yoke USB with three levers on top) you can set up a separate throttle ofr each engine. I tried it for a while with my CH yoke and don't remeber now why I reverted back to the single handle. I think I'll try it again. There are axis commands that you must edit into you joystick definitions in FS2002.cfg which allow this but I don't remember the exact syntax.you change these lines:AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_THROTTLE_SETAXIS_SCALE_02=127AXIS_NULL_02=1AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_PROPELLER_SETAXIS_SCALE_05=127AXIS_NULL_05=1You make the "AXIS_EVENT" lines point to throttle 1 and throttle 2. Perhaps someone remembers the wording required. R-

Guest ba747heavy

The 'e' key does unsync the throttle, but then the autopilot will only adjust the active axis. I believe what the post(and myself) wants is the engines being out of sync, but still being controlled by the autopilot.

Guest Douglas K

This may not be what you are looking for, but depending on your electromechanical skills and level of obsession or determination you might consider building a control stand/quadrant that includes throttle, power, or thrust levers, (depending upon which type of aircraft you wish to emulate) and it can include propellor and mixture controls for light aircraft or even reverse thrust, spoiler, parking brake and flap levers for the airliners.A lot of useful information can be found at these links:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/dualthr.htmhttp://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/throt.htmalso a Google search for "home cockpits" will return about 39000 hits.I felt the need for something a little more realistic than a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick after using Oleksiy Frolov's Dash8, and the solution for me was to build a complete airliner style yoke and control column, along with a power lever and condition lever control quadrant and even a nosewheel steering tiller to compliment my rudder pedals.It enhances the realism considerably to see slightly different parameters displayed for engines and propellors while in flight.It's even possible to have a power lever split due to slight calibration differences between potentiometers that you have to trim out with the FS sensitivity slider, almost like the real aircraft where engine trim is accomplished via the trim knobs and ECUs. For me the hardest part of this process was persuading Windows ME to recognise the various joysticks and display them as connected in the Game Controllers menu, but the rewards are absolutely worth the often titanic battle with Windows over what you have plugged into your computer.>If you have a Controller with two levers (a dual throttle, for example, or a CH Yoke USB with three levers on top) you can set up a separate throttle ofr each engine. I tried it for a while with my CH yoke and don't remeber now why I reverted back to the single handle. I think I'll try it again. There are axis commands that you must edit into you joystick definitions in FS2002.cfg which allow this but I don't remember the exact syntax.< If you use the Controls-Assignments menu in the Settings page of FS2002 you can assign individual controls to joystick axes from the Joystick Axes menu. Should any manual editing be necessary you can then determine the exact syntax by referencing the FS 2002 CFG file. As I recall some manual editing of the CFG was necessary with my setup for the Dash8 as it is defined as a FOUR engine aircraft in the aircraft CFG. The exact details of that editing are too hazy to recount exactly (I believe it was related to the USB CH Yoke and the inability to assign the yoke's throttle and propellor levers to Eng 3 and Eng 4 as required by the Dash8 configuration) as my attention was consumed by joystick drivers, USB devices and the gameport connections required by extra levers and a steering tiller, but I do remember that it was a minor issue compared with the moronic and malevolent behavior exhibited by the operating system (funny how it ALWAYS recognizes a Microsoft joystick even without the associated software installed!) My yoke/control column began as a CH Flight Yoke and the three levers and associated pots formed the basis (with an added pot and lever) for my power lever/condition lever quadrant. I was unhappy with the pitch response of the CH yoke, it had really poor centering and often the shaft would stick so I ripped it apart and combined the best parts with another smaller flight yoke bought on sale at an electronics discount store ($4.95!) mounted the whole assembly on a control column with gas strut damping and spring centering and wound up with a flight controller that not only returns precisely to center when released, but with increased movement it has a progressively heavier feel and a large throw. Its worth noting that the elevator effectiveness had to be decreased due to the larger range of movement available.>How would you 'unsync' the engines? I am very curious on this matter as wellThe 'e' key does unsync the throttle, but then the autopilot will only adjust the active axis. I believe what the post(and myself) wants is the engines being out of sync, but still being controlled by the autopilot.

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks for the lengthy reply!! I would like a throttle quadrent, perhaps I will build one myself.Thanks for the information

Guest RonB49

>>If you have a Controller with two levers (a dual throttle, for example, or a CH Yoke USB with three levers on top) you can set up a separate throttle ofr each engine. I tried it for a while with my CH yoke and don't remeber now why I reverted back to the single handle. I think I'll try it again. There are axis commands that you must edit into you joystick definitions in FS2002.cfg which allow this but I don't remember the exact syntax.<>If you use the Controls-Assignments menu in the Settings page of FS2002 you can assign individual controls to joystick axes from the Joystick Axes menu.Thanks Douglas, I had completely overlooked those settings! That was much easier than trying to remember the entries that I had made to FS2002.cfg over a year ago. R-

Guest 737767

Thanks for your replies!In fact I am thinking about these smalll read out differences of the engine parameters when flying an aircraft with both A/P and A/T engaged. In this situation, I won

The air file/cfg file structure only permits one set of engine parameter per engine type, so I don't think you could accomplish what you are looking for within the air or cfg file structure. I think that one way might be to write a different engine gauge for each engine and code it in such a way that minute differences could be seen, but I'm not a gauge programmer so I don't know if that can be done.But it would be nice to see minor inconsistencies between multiple engines. On the subject of restoring multiple engines to single controller control, you can use the hotkey presets in FSUIPC to re-establish all engine control by choosing a hotkey combo of your own - I use CTrl+Shift+E.ChasW

Guest 737767

Thanks for your reply! Then I will wait patiently until somebody can program such a gauge ;)